Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone heard or noticed how SLoP merchandise has bee doing in TL?
I was there about 1 week ago and I was surprised by how much they're marketing SLOP. The one gift shop with all of the merch in it was fairly busy for the end of the day. Everyone in my party was surprised too— someone even said that they think Universal is going to build a SLOP ride soon because of all the marketing around it :lol:

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
I know people really want to get rid of Shrek, but I'd rather this go next to Fallon or TL. Kick the ogre out of the Swamp before Site B opens. Demolition that and create some kind of cohesive theme for the front. Putting another illumination property there means no entrance place for years.

Where have you been? ....Thanks for confirming what we've heard....Hope it doesn't change.

Been busy opening a new restaurant at work, second day of trading today, so still many long days and plenty of work ahead. So not much spare leisure time at the minute.

SLOP has all the makings of being a great attraction, trackless, interactive, AAs and what should be a really catchy score throughout the ride. Should be a winner, I hope we get this one.

This has been posted before, but it always good to see rumors confirmed. The link to an Orlando Sentinel article about this is at the bottom.

NBCUniversal Chief Executive Officer Steve Burke said the following in a conference call last month:

"We are doing -- we have started a Pets attraction even before the film comes out, which if the film doesn't do as well as I think, it will be painful," Burke said. "But I think it will do very well."

Orlando Sentinel

Reactions: Mike S
The Comcast quarterly conference call is tomorrow at 8:30am. SLoP is their latest hit movie and likely the start of their next franchise. It and the ride might get a mention.
Secret-Life-of-Pets-Animal-Actors.jpg

Hoping it comes to Orlando soon in it's original form, which is a trackless dark ride primarily with AA's. This is the type of attraction that Orlando needs to add some balance to their attraction list.
Funny thing is that this is only a "problem" in USF. IoA has a grand total of three screen based attractions. All three feature very elaborate physical sets and two of them also feature animatronics with one of them being the absolute best AA I've seen in all 8 theme parks that I've been to. To help the balance in USF I think Shrek and Terminator need to go. If they're willing to put money into a better and different kind of ride for Despicable Me, that too. Then we would just be left with Fallon, F&F, Gringotts, and Simpsons.

That should be fair for everyone, right?
Due to potential capacity issues at Studios once Nintendo deconstruction and construction begins, the rarely used Toon Lagoon theater is probably the target build area.
IOA has few attractions that can operate in bad weather so a new dark ride is sorely needed. With the theater space unused it doesn't have to replace any other attraction.
As much as I would like to see this replace Shrek these are both great reasons for this ride to go into IoA.
I know people really want to get rid of Shrek, but I'd rather this go next to Fallon or TL. Kick the ogre out of the Swamp before Site B opens. Demolition that and create some kind of cohesive theme for the front. Putting another illumination property there means no entrance place for years.
Another good reason.
Bah, Mice Chat. SLOP has no screens, AAs all the way on this one.
Even though I love some of the work they've done recently I love hearing this too :)

I thought it was mentioned that there would be windows in the queue though that would of course be screens?

Last edited:
We would allow them that surely, wouldn't we ?

I'm still surprised we haven't gotten a firm location for SLOP Orlando yet. Two different parks are being thrown around and in USF, two different locations WITHIN the park are being thrown around. I'm assuming this will be a Transformers style "BURKE HITS THE GREEN BUTTON" wherever he wants it and it gets built within 15 months.

I'm still surprised we haven't gotten a firm location for SLOP Orlando yet. Two different parks are being thrown around and in USF, two different locations WITHIN the park are being thrown around. I'm assuming this will be a Transformers style "BURKE HITS THE GREEN BUTTON" wherever he wants it and it gets built within 15 months.
Good point. It just may happen that way.

The original rumor was specifically for the TL theater. We just haven't heard anything since then except that they moved USH to first for the ride. Here's the button. Hit it!
go-button.jpg

Funny thing is that this is only a "problem" in USF. IoA has a grand total of three screen based attractions. All three feature very elaborate physical sets and two of them also feature animatronics with one of them being the absolute best AA I've seen in all 8 theme parks that I've been to. To help the balance in USF I think Shrek and Terminator need to go. If they're willing to put money into a better and different kind of ride for Despicable Me, that too. Then we would just be left with Fallon, F&F, Gringotts, and Simpsons.
^this

Nintendoland and whatever replaces Shrek/Terminator have to minimize the screen usage in order to avoid screen fatigue.

But IOA really needs indoor attractions :lol: preferably family-friendly. Pets, Avengers, Grinch, Forbidden Forest and some sort of indoor JP attraction would potentially increase the indoor attraction count from 6 to 13 (1 SLOP, 1-2 Avengers, 1 Grinch, 1-2 Forbidden Forest, 1 JP). And actually making the JP Discovery Center top-notch would also help out.

On the other end of the spectrum, USF needs more outdoor attractions and screen-less attractions IMO. A water ride and an indoor/outdoor family coaster would create some decent kinetic energy for the park.

Reactions: Mike S