Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seek and Destroy

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Guests will find themselves in a New York dystopia where a ruthless alien cyber regime, led by The Controller, has taken over – relentlessly scanning the city streets for humans and turning them into fuel. With the regime’s loyal followers hiding in the darkness endlessly hunting for new victims, guests must either join them or be destroyed.

The execution is where I'm fascinated for this one (considering we know the entire set already essentially). I hope they hit the feel they're looking to get...

It’s so interesting, I hope I don’t get razzed for this thought, but this feels like a sleeper Intro of a new Icon - considering that most of the other zones focus on Icons of the past, The Controller really stands out as a New Entity for the event (if your count the Pumpkin Lord as a mutated Nathaniel Crowe)… so there must be a lot of confidence in this character concept. Or maybe there’s some sort of tie of this character into the lore for… some other one? If it’s mind-control aliens, doesn’t it sorta feel like when Fear was the big bad and the rest of the icons were his minions?

Anyway, that’s all the Galaxy brain I have in me.

Oh, absolutely. It just sticks out like a sore thumb as the only “original central character” in a house OR a zone this year, unless there is a central puppet master in the Puppet Theatre.

I have had time to watch two Employee Preview walk throughs so far and neither seemed to have any sort of soundtrack for this zone.

Is there music or sound effects going on that neither video happened to capture?

I have had time to watch two Employee Preview walk throughs so far and neither seemed to have any sort of soundtrack for this zone.

Is there music or sound effects going on that neither video happened to capture?

Agreed, didn't hear any music on the walk throughs. I think loud, barely able to hear yourself speaking type music could add a nice chaotic atmosphere to the zone and maybe allow it to be taking up a slight notch from a scarezone full of bad cosplay of Sasha Baron Cohen's the Dictator mixed with Daft Punk.