Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seek and Destroy

I guess count me in the minority that likes the slight silliness of the costumes, but they certainly won't work if they permanently eliminate the visors. I think there needs to be more blood, violence, and victims for the concept to not feel like a saturday morning cartoon.

I guess count me in the minority that likes the slight silliness of the costumes, but they certainly won't work if they permanently eliminate the visors. I think there needs to be more blood, violence, and victims for the concept to not feel like a saturday morning cartoon.
I like the costumes aesthetically.

More victims would be good

As well, can anyone who was actually there confirm if there was any sort of soundtrack? Again, I never heard anything on the videos I saw and it was noticeable.

I adore those costumes I will die on this hill.

As well, can anyone who was actually there confirm if there was any sort of soundtrack? Again, I never heard anything on the videos I saw and it was noticeable.
I think I saw a Twitter video where I heard some basic electric guitar backing playing in the zone. Can't find the vid for the life of me though. They'll be missing out majorly if they don't have some dark synth or something going, tho

Don't really wanna seem like a debbie downer or anything since orlando really isn't my territory, but a lot of the execution really does feel like its kinda missing something, either that or I just went in with the wrong expectations. Would've been nice if they leaned a bit more into the grimdark aspects of a sci fi fascistic regime. Like, you'd expect there to at least be some more gore, since they'd probably want to make an example of humans that resist.
Couldve also been nice to see some kind of mutilated feral former-humans the aliens created like the stalkers or cremators in half life, maybe four legged stilt walker characters that are supposed to hunt down survivors so we have a better idea of what exactly makes these aliens a serious threat.
Theres still a chance they have more planned that just wasn't finished in time for previews, since that happens sometimes, but I'm really hoping theres more to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this zone ends up being a sleeper hit tbh. The masks are really one of my only gripes here after actually experiencing it. Those scareactors were killing it tonight and the atmosphere is great. I see this continuing to improve as the zone finds its groove.

this zone looks like a Despicable Me zone lol.
reminds me of the TV scene in Tim Burton's charlie and the chocolate factory. lol. or kinda reminds me of Zoolander lol. the Zoolander scene when he goes to the relaxing spa.

I've expected Daft Punk jokes, but man, I really should've seen the Among Us jokes coming. Everytime I walked through I heard someone say or yell "Imposter". -_-

Also visors are back, they're different from the TM Preview visors. Now grey rather than red, and using perforated decal rather than tinted clear plastic.

I've expected Daft Punk jokes, but man, I really should've seen the Among Us jokes coming. Everytime I walked through I heard someone say or yell "Imposter". -_-

Also visors are back, they're different from the TM Preview visors. Now grey rather than red, and using perforated decal rather than tinted clear plastic.
Then they kept fogging up. That’s why they got rid of them during TM preview.

Similar thing happened in Catacombs. The masks originally had lenses, which fogged up immediately. They just removed them between between TM and opening.

Alright after finishing day two I think this is the worst scare zone I've ever experienced, even worse than 29's Zombieland.
I cannot argue as I have not seen it yet, but I would be curious to know what years you have attended?

I mean, from videos it looks better than ones I have experienced like Altars of Horror or Nightmaze. Heck, though it is also unseen by me, it looks better than the 30 Years zone

So I am curious what your barometer is?

Alright after finishing day two I think this is the worst scare zone I've ever experienced, even worse than 29's Zombieland.

I think it could be correct in saying that this is the least horror zone ever made.
worst is relative, some people might like the costumes or the actors. it depends

bit I will agree this is the least horror thing I have ever seen at hhn. it's kinda sci fi. but like I said before. it almost feels like despicable me.
it could almost be made for the daytime guests and it would fit as a despicable me parade if they had the parade car going on

Okay I am ready to die on this hill, let's go.

First of all, I'm not crazy about Crypt TV but at least it has scary creatures to look at. I found the Crypt TV on YouTube stuff dreadfully boring but even without seeing all the series I know a ghoul or creature when I see one.

Seek and Destroy is almost dead quiet, other than helicopter sounds. I seriously can't remember any noise at all other than the chainsaws, which are done to death at this point. Once I am done with TCM and Lights Camera Hacktion, a generic person in a white suit with a chainsaw just isn't delivering the scare anymore.

The sets for the blood extraction are cool I guess, but what do the numbered towers even mean? There's no interaction between them and the guests or scare actors.

The only thing the scare actors can do is wave their props in your face in complete silence. Once again, no interaction at all.

The stage show is cool I guess for the one person they choose to interreact with the voice on the screen. I couldn't hear what the person was saying to the Controller anyway.

There is time to scrap this zone and start over everyone, give me the thrash metal zone from the speculation times.

First of all, I'm not crazy about Crypt TV but at least it has scary creatures to look at. I found the Crypt TV on YouTube stuff dreadfully boring but even without seeing all the series I know a ghoul or creature when I see one.

Seek and Destroy is almost dead quiet, other than helicopter sounds. I seriously can't remember any noise at all other than the chainsaws, which are done to death at this point. Once I am done with TCM and Lights Camera Hacktion, a generic person in a white suit with a chainsaw just isn't delivering the scare anymore.

The sets for the blood extraction are cool I guess, but what do the numbered towers even mean? There's no interaction between them and the guests or scare actors.

The only thing the scare actors can do is wave their props in your face in complete silence. Once again, no interaction at all.

The stage show is cool I guess for the one person they choose to interreact with the voice on the screen. I couldn't hear what the person was saying to the Controller anyway.

There is time to scrap this zone and start over everyone, give me the thrash metal zone from the speculation times.

Were you there last night? They added music, more cast interactions, etc.

Were you there last night? They added music, more cast interactions, etc.
I heard music and had a ton of cast interactions on night one even :shrug:

The costumes are ugly and the zone could really use some victims or something to differentiate things amongst the cast, but the energy was high on my walkthroughs. IDK. I can't say a zone with a stage show and varying things going on are worse than previous zones that barely even existed like Nightmaze or others that were just photo op zones.

I heard music and had a ton of cast interactions on night one even :shrug:

The costumes are ugly and the zone could really use some victims or something to differentiate things amongst the cast, but the energy was high on my walkthroughs. IDK. I can't say a zone with a stage show and varying things going on are worse than previous zones that barely even existed like Nightmaze or others that were just photo op zones.

Yeah, Altars was six banners and less than half a dozen characters in the street with no decoration of any kind.

everyone gave me such a hard time for wanting iron maiden at the park. everyone got so mad when I said iron maiden would be a good property.....
and yeah after Rob zombie at hhn, I expected another metal zone of some kind. or metal vikings or metal warriors or something.
all that arguing over iron maiden and billie enlist and we got this lolololololol