Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seek and Destroy

everyone gave me such a hard time for wanting iron maiden at the park. everyone got so mad when I said iron maiden would be a good property.....
and yeah after Rob zombie at hhn, I expected another metal zone of some kind. or metal vikings or metal warriors or something.
all that arguing over iron maiden and billie enlist and we got this lolololololol
A poorly directed cast could have made the Rob Zombie zone an all time disappointment. There’s no such thing as a guaranteed success in the streets. There are too many variables.

From what I’ve seen, it feels like the performers have been given stifling instructions. They’re obviously supposed to be stoic and “intimidating,” but it sucks all the energy from the zone. There’s no violence or threat in their movement.

Frankly, if they simply coordinated scares where a spotlight or stage performer pointed out a target, and three or four foot performers rushed them all at once, it could add a lot of storytelling, movement, and tension to the zone. If you think about Hunger Games (the obvious inspiration), it was the wordless synchronization of the enforcers that made them scary. Right now, the zone is just really disorganized, performance-wise, and it’s hurting the zone.

Frankly, if they simply coordinated scares where a spotlight or stage performer pointed out a target, and three or four foot performers rushed them all at once, it could add a lot of storytelling, movement, and tension to the zone. If you think about Hunger Games (the obvious inspiration), it was the wordless synchronization of the enforcers that made them scary. Right now, the zone is just really disorganized, performance-wise, and it’s hurting the zone.
Funnily enough, something exactly like you're describing happened to my group last night.

One of the red-hood guards on top of the spires pointed at us, and a group of the guards swarmed us. 2 of them scanned us and ushered us over to The Controller. It was a super neat interaction and I'd love to see more of it. As of now, it's my favorite zone this year.

Funnily enough, something exactly like you're describing happened to my group last night.

One of the red-hood guards on top of the spires pointed at us, and a group of the guards swarmed us. 2 of them scanned us and ushered us over to The Controller. It was a super neat interaction and I'd love to see more of it. As of now, it's my favorite zone this year.
I’m a smart guy.

I don’t know, haven’t been at the event yet. But seeing how many scare actors are on this zone and how much they stand out make this zone really unique. Hope they get the groove next week!

I'm pretty meh n this zone. There's things going on, but there's not a lot for the scareactors to work with, especially when they all have the same, non-threatening prop (except for a few that have chainsaws, and like someone else said, why do Aliens even have chainsaws?).

I just think this area as a zone needs a rethink. Nothing seems to really be working here year after year.

Alright after finishing day two I think this is the worst scare zone I've ever experienced, even worse than 29's Zombieland.

Look, I ranked this pretty low this weekend. As is, it's not good. But despite the way-too-cliched costumes and the non sequitur chainsaws, the cast is pretty strong. I'll take a cast that enjoys scaring over Altars of Horror, Nightmaze, Cirque du Freak, Vamp 85, Vanity Ball, that Salem witch one back in the day, Canyon of Dark Souls, Acid Assault, Survive or Die ... and of course Zombieland. This doesn't even makes the bottom ten--and it's got two months to improve.

Last edited:
Really liking this zone. Interacting with the Controller and the scareactors is a whole lot of fun. Sad to see they didn't have the spotlights from the towers, but hopefully it'll be up and running for week two.

I wish they had “tasers” though. Or the old pop sticks from 21.
Yeah, that would make things a lot better on it’s own. If they were going to do a 70’s theme, I think it would’ve been awesome if they were to be designed a bit like Ravonna Renslayer and Hunter B-15. I feel like something like this could've been a bit more menacing than their cartoonish look that they have.
EyNuHlJWEAAJ2ys.jpg

loki-roxxcart.jpg

A poorly directed cast could have made the Rob Zombie zone an all time disappointment. There’s no such thing as a guaranteed success in the streets. There are too many variables.

From what I’ve seen, it feels like the performers have been given stifling instructions. They’re obviously supposed to be stoic and “intimidating,” but it sucks all the energy from the zone. There’s no violence or threat in their movement.

thank you yeah i understand what you mean, although your comment on rob zombie and a poorly directed cast makes me realize that the music itself helped a little bit. the cast was perfect of course, but the hard rock kinda lend a hand to give the zone more energy, even from the public.
the fast paced, hack rock blasting in the speakers kinda helps the mood, maybe this zone needed a better soundtrack. not metal but maybe some dark fast paced music. or some horror techno or something

I'm pretty meh n this zone. There's things going on, but there's not a lot for the scareactors to work with, especially when they all have the same, non-threatening prop (except for a few that have chainsaws, and like someone else said, why do Aliens even have chainsaws?).

I just think this area as a zone needs a rethink. Nothing seems to really be working here year after year.

Yeah, that would make things a lot better on it’s own. If they were going to do a 70’s theme, I think it would’ve been awesome if they were to be designed a bit like Ravonna Renslayer and Hunter B-15. I feel like something like this could've been a bit more menacing than their cartoonish look that they have.
EyNuHlJWEAAJ2ys.jpg

loki-roxxcart.jpg

yeah you guys make me realize that the zone would be much better with better weapons.

I’ve seen a lot of complaints about this zone and while I do think the costumes could look better I will say I don’t think I’ve ever seen New York this full! There are scareactors absolutely everywhere and that in itself makes it one of the best New York zones in recent memories

I’ve seen a lot of complaints about this zone and while I do think the costumes could look better I will say I don’t think I’ve ever seen New York this full! There are scareactors absolutely everywhere and that in itself makes it one of the best New York zones in recent memories

This is also probably a function of the fact that there are no “victims” this year, and I feel like most New York zones are at least 1/3 victims. I sorta prefer the jump-scare of a normal looking guest covered in blood.

This is also probably a function of the fact that there are no “victims” this year, and I feel like most New York zones are at least 1/3 victims. I sorta prefer the jump-scare of a normal looking guest covered in blood.
I do think we need some victim scares in seek but I still think it feels more full then it normally does. Honestly I think if we added a few victims getting murdered by these alien dudes and maybe some sort of short show for that massive stage they built it could go up a lot. I’d also argue maybe splash a bit of blood on their plain white uniforms. The ones with the chainsaw look awesome!

I do think we need some victim scares in seek but I still think it feels more full then it normally does. Honestly I think if we added a few victims getting murdered by these alien dudes and maybe some sort of short show for that massive stage they built it could go up a lot. I’d also argue maybe splash a bit of blood on their plain white uniforms. The ones with the chainsaw look awesome!

I agree here. The contrast of the white with blood would help a bit.

something amazing could have been victims that are escaped experiments or something.
not victims in regular clothes but victims in weird outfits. or bandaged or something. or even hospital gown victims or something.