Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shanghai Disneyland

This kind of pisses me off, I think WDW needs an attraction like this not Shanghai, its seems more and more the outside the country parks are getting all the innovative rides that WDI has wanted here forever.

Screamscape sources tell us that the Tron themed coaster planned for Shanghai Disneyland is a fairly solid lock-in project at the moment, though very little is 100% locked in for sure until the final budgets are approved. The coaster will have a Lightcycle theme and use the Vekoma Motobike coaster system… indoors… kicking things off with a high speed launch start and run through an intense but inversion-free layout through the world of Tron.
Meanwhile on the other side of the park, I’ve also been told about a new River Rapids style attraction in the works that has been described as being very similar to Grizzly River Run in California Adventure. But instead of being themed to bears… this one will have dinosaurs and be called the Lost World River Rapids. Sounds very exciting and new. From what I’m told, the Lost World River Rapids is the dark mountain near the front right side of the park (sitting where one would normally expect to see Space Mountain) in the original park aerial concept art image.
Now for those keeping track of the things we wont see in the park, you can add Frontierland up there next to Space Mountain on that list, which isn’t all that surprising as I don’t think the Chinese have any love for the American Western genre. As one might expect, the park also wont have a Main Street, and perhaps the biggest surprise to some is that this will be the first Magic Kingdom park to not have a train making a loop around the park’s perimeter. (Note: Tokyo has a train, but it only makes a loop around Westernland.)

The TRON coaster actually was apparently being planned to be cloned to WDW's Tomorrowland, in between Buzz and COP, where the Galaxy Palace Theater was originally, but, like so many other things, it was cut.

This kind of pisses me off, I think WDW needs an attraction like this not Shanghai, its seems more and more the outside the country parks are getting all the innovative rides that WDI has wanted here forever.
Who says a Tron coaster won't happen at WDW? There's still some room in Tomorrowland that they could place it (those two plots of land on the sides of Space Mountain, or hell they could demolish the Speedway if they wanted to).

Last edited:
I really hope that a teen/adult attraction hits Magic Kingdom and Tron would be perfect. With the Fantasyland expansion Disney should focus on an older market soon that has not really been hit since Rock N' Roller Coaster. Although my hopes for an Alien or Dead Space attraction will never die: nor will they ever happen.

Who says a Tron coaster won't happen at WDW? There's still some room in Tomorrowland that they could place it (those two plots of land on the sides of Space Mountain, or they could demolish the Speedway if they wanted to).

Not a matter of space, but a matter of want/spending.

Yep, Disney absolutely refuses to drop another E-Ticket into the MK. I just dont get it. It is like they are trying to prove they don't have to. "We are so great we can rest on our laurels for an entire generation and only see a 2% drop (as long as our marketing guys keep upping the discounts (buy 4 nights/ get 3 free, free dining, free $200 gift cards, etc.)".

Hey, I have an idea, build some frickin' attractions, keep the ones you got in working order, and stop with the clever merch collectables. Pin trading got annoying, vinylmation started annoying. And need I mention Duffy the Disney corporate collectable build-a-bear rip-off?

Last edited:
Yep, Disney absolutely refuses to drop another E-Ticket into the MK. I just dont get it. It is like they are trying to prove they don't have to. "We are so great we can rest on our laurels for an entire generation and only see a 2% drop (as long as our marketing guys keep upping the discounts (buy 4 nights/ get 3 free, free dining, free $200 gift cards, etc.)".

Hey, I have an idea, build some frickin' attractions, keep the ones you got in working order, and stop with the clever merch collectables. Pin trading got annoying, vinylmation started annoying. And need I mention Duffy the Disney corporate collectable build-a-bear rip-off?

Exactly. They're Disney, so people will go, and they know that. And while I like the collectibles, they're severely over-priced. Come on. $12 for a tiny pin? Not to mention the bigger Vinylmation are $50+.

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/shanghai-disneyland/

I have no idea why disney wanted to do a theme park here. What a waste of money !!!

You should look at what previous resort locations looked like before Disney moved in. When they build it we will come!

Here a photo of the castles development so far!
205072_1998729454489_1431099622_32289841_2386868_n.jpg

Dudes got mad ups.