She-Hulk: Attorney At Law | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would’ve been fine with just a 90-100 minute D+ movie, title it “A Very Hawkeye Holiday”, and cut all the fat from the story and get a much better end product.
But then how do we add Echo...and Kingpin...Pizza Dog...Sword Master...Kate Bishop

Honestly while not perfect Moon Knight worked because it was it's own thing and didn't have to set up like 5 characters who were not the main character.

If the show was Hawkeye and Kate having to fight together on Christmas and didn't try add as much as they did could have been fun but it's such a bloated show and unlike DD in Shehulk....really made the Kingpin feel meh.
Same with Warewolf by night, when you just let them tell a good story and aren't trying to just shove characters into a show because I think this phase would be soooo much better.

But then how do we add Echo...and Kingpin...Pizza Dog...Sword Master...Kate Bishop

Honestly while not perfect Moon Knight worked because it was it's own thing and didn't have to set up like 5 characters who were not the main character.

If the show was Hawkeye and Kate having to fight together on Christmas and didn't try add as much as they did could have been fun but it's such a bloated show and unlike DD in Shehulk....really made the Kingpin feel meh.
Same with Warewolf by night, when you just let them tell a good story and aren't trying to just shove characters into a show because I think this phase would be soooo much better.
Kate Bishop is why that show was made if we’re being honest. Didn’t matter if it was a movie, special, or series, she would’ve been a huge part of it.

Clint’s great, but Kate’s the future and they needed a way to introduce her. Her in a movie would’ve been similar to America Chavez in Multiverse of Madness.

Kate Bishop is why that show was made if we’re being honest. Didn’t matter if it was a movie, special, or series, she would’ve been a huge part of it.

Clint’s great, but Kate’s the future and they needed a way to introduce her. Her in a movie would’ve been similar to America Chavez in Multiverse of Madness.
I know she has to come to the MCU but they then added on too much on top of that and even then most the show felt like Filler.

I never seen the netflix Daredevil show so this and Kingpin in Hawkeye is the first time I seen these characters. People grossly exaggerate the Kate vs Fisk fight but I agree that his portrayal was very underwhelming. Daredevil fares way better here; though I’m pretty sure the original version is less of a wisecracker.

I never seen the netflix Daredevil show so this and Kingpin in Hawkeye is the first time I seen these characters. People grossly exaggerate the Kate vs Fisk fight but I agree that his portrayal was very underwhelming. Daredevil fares way better here; though I’m pretty sure the original version is less of a wisecracker.
I would also say that I reject the notion that the Netflix version of Daredevil is the only one that can exist. Yes it was great, but that version would get his ass whooped in the MCU.

He does so much in the comics that wasn’t portrayed in the Netflix show and yes, his wit and more importantly, his Spider-Man like agility that was displayed this episode are some of the staples from the comics that were suppressed for a more intense and ground level version.

He also sleeps around pretty much the most of everyone in the comics, with only one Ms. Jen Walters challenging him. He does all this while hiding his identity and having a day job as a lawyer.

IMO, they captured Matt/DD almost perfectly in She-Hulk.

This was a pretty enjoyable finale! The first half was going in a very bad direction and then once the twist hit, it finished on such a high note. This season was a mixed bag, but if you cut out episode 6 & 7, it was overall a pretty enjoyable show, although those episodes really take it down far on my MCU show rankings.

I'd watch another season, although i'm not sure if the ratings were there for it or not (although with a lot of people hate watching it and then a lot of people watching it because they actually like it, the numbers may show enough interest, good or bad) to justify another season. If they green lit a second season, it would probably wouldn't come out until the back half of 2024 at the earliest after Daredevil. I believe she's rumored to be in Cap 4 in 2024 so it'll be interesting if they decide to be one and done or give it a second season.

This finale set up so much going forward...
This finale episode perfectly lays the groundwork for a World War Hulk movie. K.E.V.I.N. says at one point once it gets super meta "but we were going to introduce..." to which Jen replies "nah, save it for the movie".

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I gotta say - for once the MCU bucks the trend of ending poorly and actually gave us the best episode as a finale. Really loved the last two weeks. The rest of it was meh to bad.

I guess I’ll be the outcast and say I didn’t like the finale. The 4th wall stuff was clever and interesting but there wasn’t enough time left to stick the landing after.

I guess I’ll be the outcast and say I didn’t like the finale. The 4th wall stuff was clever and interesting but there wasn’t enough time left to stick the landing after.
I'm not entirely as in love with it as some people. I wish they had broken the fourth wall WAYYY sooner or the episode was longer because I feel like they wasted a lot of time on pointless stuff early in the episode.

The episode can also be looked at as the writers looking at the season and realizing how much of a mess it was and instead of creating a natural ending, they had to do the fourth wall stuff in order to get a proper ending. Although her breaking through the Disney+ screen was extremely accurate to how she has ripped through the pages of the comics to break the fourth wall in the past.

I'm not entirely as in love with it as some people. I wish they had broken the fourth wall WAYYY sooner or the episode was longer because I feel like they wasted a lot of time on pointless stuff early in the episode.

The episode can also be looked at as the writers looking at the season and realizing how much of a mess it was and instead of creating a natural ending, they had to do the fourth wall stuff in order to get a proper ending. Although her breaking through the Disney+ screen was extremely accurate to how she has ripped through the pages of the comics to break the fourth wall in the past.

It definitely was one of their funniest episodes, especially with the 70s TV Hulk stuff - but that also wasn’t a high bar.

It definitely was one of their funniest episodes, especially with the 70s TV Hulk stuff - but that also wasn’t a high bar.
Yeah, I really liked the writing and comedic tone in the final two episodes and also on the first episode. The last few scenes and the post-credit of this show though really do set the larger MCU and the Hulk-verse up for much bigger things which, if anything, is a plus. It also leaves things off with Matt and Jen in a place where i'm wondering if she'll be a regular in Born Again or if they'll just write that whole situation away.

This show just seems to be the writer venting about things they are frustrated with in life

It was....an ending but meh. Felt like just as unsatisfying an ending as the "fake" ending with the fighting would have been

The good guys....just win....it was really easy, lol

Why are some of the reasons people are dissatisfied with this show in general?
The characters, writing, jokes, story and pretty much everything about it is meh.

Nothing Stands out

Jen just drinks and complains about things. I know very little about Jen after the 9 episode show.

The story is nothing to really talk about besides Man bad....yeah I know men suck. Besides DD action scene not really any of the other stand out as something cool to rewatch, and for a show thats suppose to be funny...it has not one joke thats even close to jokes in "none funny films" like Winter Solider has funny moments.

I hope they get new writers and do more with Jen and make her happy...like in the comic's she is happy but in this show its just her being unhappy about everything...her family, life, job/career/clients.

Just my two cents but besides watching clips of the DD fight, I don't see any reason I have to watch this again

The characters, writing, jokes, story and pretty much everything about it is meh.

Nothing Stands out

Jen just drinks and complains about things. I know very little about Jen after the 9 episode show.

The story is nothing to really talk about besides Man bad....yeah I know men suck. Besides DD action scene not really any of the other stand out as something cool to rewatch, and for a show thats suppose to be funny...it has not one joke thats even close to jokes in "none funny films" like Winter Solider has funny moments.

I hope they get new writers and do more with Jen and make her happy...like in the comic's she is happy but in this show its just her being unhappy about everything...her family, life, job/career/clients.

Just my two cents but besides watching clips of the DD fight, I don't see any reason I have to watch this again

Im not familiar with the comics as of recent, but isn’t She-Hulk’s deal nowadays that she is a rage-fueled beast with bulk instead of the chill lawyer she used to be? At least that’s what I heard.

I wonder how the Dan Slott comic compares to this. I know that’s what this show is based on, and Dan Slott is an infamously terrible writer.