She-Hulk: Attorney At Law | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean the DD court scenes were what I wanted

No idea who write those but have them write the court stuff for she hulk

Also the show kinda gas lights you, they try to Blame Kevin and writers for the meh plot and ending

Literally doubt Kevin wanted the BS ending and commenting on writers when literally the people who wrote the show clearly wanted to talk about the themes in the show but then try to call out how lazy the writing is?

Like you wrote the show not Kevin if you wanted a better ending then it was your job to do so and not just complain more

When it first aired and the first episodes came out, I was open minded. I was like " ok they got a really charming actress for the role, the hulk scene was funny, ok, pretty good, she's pretty great for the role, okay they are establishing her job, they established Abomination, pretty good so far" I was fully on board. At first....

Then all they build up and set up was either wasted, pushed aside or mocked.
They set up bad guys? Wasted or mocked.
Set up abomination, wasted,
Set up her boyfriend search? Wasted, set up Wong? Wasted,
It's like the entire show was a lot of wasted set ups and ruined storylines.

And like you said, they blame Kevin for wanting a big action ending to a marvel action property but their criticism falls flat when they even wasted their own set ups.
the bad guys end up being a joke, her court cases end up being a joke. The action is a joke, Nothing really pays off.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So this show couldn't do a lot of action, no good fight scenes, it's not an action show, ok...... a super hero show without much action.
So it focused on her personal life and focused on the " comedy" . Which was very boring.
Well in fairness too many MCU products focused on a “this world/universe will explode” type of stories so a slice of life is appreciated for me.
Comedy is arguably the most subjective genre. I just didn't find the show (full disclosure: I did not finish it) funny, or credible in terms of the law stuff, and despite paying respects to John Byrne (who was responsible for crafting the most popular interpretation of She-Hulk in the comics) in the lead-up to the series debuting, I did not find Jen's characterization in the show to resemble that of Byrne's much at all. I love Byrne's She-Hulk, and the show didn't come close to capturing that (in my view).

The show also continued the MCU's apparent obsession with botching Bruce Banner/the Hulk as a character, but that's a whole other complaint! :lol:
Wasn’t this based on works by Dan Slott, a very contentious writer? I think he gave praise for this on Twitter.

Well in fairness too many MCU products focused on a “this world/universe will explode” type of stories so a slice of life is appreciated for me.

Wasn’t this based on works by Dan Slott, a very contentious writer? I think he gave praise for this on Twitter.

Even if it's a comedy. Then don't include villains. Just skip them. Zero villains then. Have it be FRIENDS marvel edition. ( which they tried and failed)
And if you bring in villains, don't mock them. Villains needed to be either serious and dangerous or don't have them.
This show didn't have any stakes.

What did you like?

No battle, not realistic on the law helping them and it was mostly wrapped up with magic off screen

I feel like anyone can write that ending because has no logic to it
I like shows that break the forth wall and bite the hand that feeds. Check and check. For example, I liked Wanda, but the “big battle” was a silly scale for tv. It was not up to the quality of the rest of the show.

Also, I’m not sure how “big battle at the end of a marvel project” is groundbreaking writing. Anyone can write that. ;)