Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Show: Academy of Villains: House of Fear

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Academy of Villains: House of Fear – Join this high energy performance troupe of inmates in an explosion of insanity that will thrust you into a realm of mayhem and maniacal terror featuring dance and specialty acts. The Show Must Go On!

I'm hoping this plays better in person than from the video. As it stands, the only dancing I'd be inclined to watch at HHN is at B&T or Death Drums where there is quite a bit more going on than just the dancing.

Close enough though, right?
no not even close jabawooke just dance acemdy tell stories by dancing

Academy of Villains is a theatrical dance company known for story-telling, incredibly intense choreography, and jaw-dropping stunts.Their mission is to inspire others by fusing dance with the notion of magic. By creating an illusional atmosphere full of suspense, unlike anything else spectators have ever witnessed, they take their viewers on an exhilarating journey of emotion

Looks kinda similar, and I don't think I'll be a fan. But it looks like there will be plenty of awesome houses to see, so if this pulls some crowds away, then I'm all for it!

Could be really cool, especially if they have a horror theme to it. To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of last year's show. I couldn't even watch the whole thing through. This could be a breath of fresh air.

Curious if they do different shows throughout the night. Also, will these be full 25-minute performances or more like 10-minute mini-shows (ala Death Drums).

One downside to this is it threatens to make the B&T finale look like amateurs by comparison.

This will be on "Jack's stage" right?

The only positive I see is I won't be standing for the show 2x a night for 10 nights like I did for Jack. I'm not a big fan of dance troupes but I will see it once. I hope to be surprised. I think a couple of blinky cups will help here. Just me and I hate to prejudge but...... I did.

Yeah I'll definitely give it a shot, but I don't foresee myself making people watch it or watching it multiple times in one night. I really hope that they do something good for Chance in her scarezone. She has a great personality and is incredibly charismatic on stage. I think I am more disappointed that it is a waste of her talent than anything. I really put her in the top tier of personalities that can carry a show at HHN, the others being Jack, Bill, Ted, and Puppet Smaug. Don't get me wrong the Director, Usher, and Caretaker are all great; I just don't know if they could carry a full show like the other 4 can.

no not even close jabawooke just dance acemdy tell stories by dancing

Academy of Villains is a theatrical dance company known for story-telling, incredibly intense choreography, and jaw-dropping stunts.Their mission is to inspire others by fusing dance with the notion of magic. By creating an illusional atmosphere full of suspense, unlike anything else spectators have ever witnessed, they take their viewers on an exhilarating journey of emotion

[HASHTAG]#storydancing[/HASHTAG]

Not my thing and that's fine.