Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The attraction may be lame but the M&G is great,they did a fantastic job when I made the video below.

from about 25 secs in

[video=youtube;IX4MWtsCSvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX4MWtsCSvk[/video]

Last edited:
I just really hate that it is one of the first rides people hit when entering the park. Not a great first impression.

The fact the first thing people see walking in is the ugly production central is terrible. I sorta wished they'd put Fallon in Shrek just to improve the look of the area.

So this is the thing no one is answering yet: is the house going to be in the theater itself? And if so, how do they plan to navigate around the rows of motion seating? Are they really going to remove all of those, and if so, where will they put them?

Not saying it's impossible, obviously. Just very curious about the logistics of the thing.

So this is the thing no one is answering yet: is the house going to be in the theater itself? And if so, how do they plan to navigate around the rows of motion seating? Are they really going to remove all of those, and if so, where will they put them?

Not saying it's impossible, obviously. Just very curious about the logistics of the thing.

yes and build above it all... a floating house.

Gut Shrek and replace it with the Minions/Orlando Evil Convention theme. Add Monster Cafe and make it into Evil Cafe and give the whole Dispicable Me are a theme make over like they did with Simpsons. Instant mega hit.

Reactions: captainmoch
Gut Shrek and replace it with the Minions/Orlando Evil Convention theme. Add Monster Cafe and make it into Evil Cafe and give the whole Dispicable Me are a theme make over like they did with Simpsons. Instant mega hit.
Haha production central is so disorganized. Minions should have went into where Shrek is as a dark ride mini coaster. More than enough room.
Fallon Could then go into the Minions Building. Gut it. Then you have time to do whatever it is you need to do with Twister and rip ride to make the twister area work. Not sure if Twister is in production central but it surely seems as though it is from the facade.

I'm probably the only person on OU that enjoys Shrek. I think the pre show is hilarious. And I like the film & effects also. I only do it once a vacation, but hope it stays for a few more years. ...Why do I feel like I just went to an AA meeting & confessed to being an alcoholic & wife beater? LOL

I think it gets a bad rap... Twister is worse... what about I love lucy... that can go... everyone creams themselves over ET too and it's not that great.

I've also been in both theatres without express. They only used to have one theatre too I believe the 2nd was added a year or so later.

I honestly have no idea of what will replace it, but I think it's too late to do something 25th-related at this point. But I wouldn't be surprised to see that whole exhibit and attached store to be gone before 2016.

Last edited:
I like Shrek. I don't understand the bad rep that it gets but I do understand that the technology is getting old. You give me a good replacement for Shrek and I'd be all ears.

I would say a quick fix to this would be any of DreamWorks Animation's recent films, but there track record recently hasn't been very good lately. I can see maybe retheming it to "How to Train Your Dragon", "Puss in Boots", or "The Croods" as all of those have sequels in the works which would help the ride longevity wise and are not Disney.

I feel like we will be playing the waiting game for a big project to come here. Until Universal comes out with a big animated movie that is 1) successful, 2) able to sustain sequels and 3) not Despicable Me related.

How big are those two theatres what sort of sized attraction could fit in that real estate?