Single rider lines | Inside Universal Forums

Single rider lines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I doubt any time soon tbh. Last I asked a TM, it was at JW and they just said there was no more single rider there. Not that it was gone for a limited time only

• Sad
Reactions: baconwhiskers
Potentially good news about this! I gave feedback about how the lack of single rider has been terrible and the person I spoke to told me the feedback about this has been overwhelmingly negative and they’re re-evaluating taking it away soon. I got confirmation that they did take it away for VIP during Grinchmas.
While that sounds fantastic and very welcome, I wonder how would they achieve this given that Express ticket holders use what once were the single rider lines on all the LL rides?

While I am all for SR lines, love them and use them all the time, the SR lines for Mummy and JW are often out of control and can nearly exceed the length of the stand by line on busy days. I'd only open them on slower days/off season.

Generally, the SR for Transformers doesn't usually get as bad, so that could be open more frequently.

While I am all for SR lines, love them and use them all the time, the SR lines for Mummy and JW are often out of control and can nearly exceed the length of the stand by line on busy days. I'd only open them on slower days/off season.

Generally, the SR for Transformers doesn't usually get as bad, so that could be open more frequently.

Apparently they were supposed to be open with line operators letting people in through what’s is now VIP if they asked. I wonder if they would really limit it to solo parties on busier days if they had that kind of system, maybe it’ll be better.

Even if the lines for Mummy/Jurassic get bad....so? The point is these people can wait in an hour line over three hours.

I dont get how Potter can do it but the rest of the rides they seem to make it out like there isn't someone at the loading station or at the place where the line splits off...this costs zero dollars to go back to normal

You miss the point. The parks don't necessarily do SR as a perk for guests (though it is a nice by-product). It's to fill empty seats on trains.

If the line to fill seats is an hour long, they'd have every right to shut down that line for an hour. It's served it's purpose until the line is empty.

Unfortunately, for many, it's become an unofficial Express pass in the minds of many, and that's a problem that brings entitlement into the equation.

I suspect it also works better for Potter because the trains are continuously coming with little stopage, and being limited to 4 seats, is less of an arguement for guests in stand-by lines trying to keep large parties together. However, on Mummy and JW, large parties will change their minds and rearrange their parties to stay together (eg, "Suzie wants to ride with her dad, not her sister!" "Wait, I don't want to be on the edge, I'll get wet, let's trade" "I can't see if I sit behind Uncle Joe, he's so tall", etc.), even after a grouper has assigned them rows, causing a lot of headaches for team members.

You miss the point. The parks don't necessarily do SR as a perk for guests (though it is a nice by-product). It's to fill empty seats on trains.

If the line to fill seats is an hour long, they'd have every right to shut down that line for an hour. It's served it's purpose until the line is empty.

Unfortunately, for many, it's become an unofficial Express pass in the minds of many, and that's a problem that brings entitlement into the equation.

I suspect it also works better for Potter because the trains are continuously coming with little stopage, and being limited to 4 seats, is less of an arguement for guests in stand-by lines trying to keep large parties together. However, on Mummy and JW, large parties will change their minds and rearrange their parties to stay together (eg, "Suzie wants to ride with her dad, not her sister!" "Wait, I don't want to be on the edge, I'll get wet, let's trade" "I can't see if I sit behind Uncle Joe, he's so tall", etc.), even after a grouper has assigned them rows, causing a lot of headaches for team members.
Lets not talk about entitlement when people can literally pay more to pass you in line....which in every way makes lines pointless

Went to the park yesterday. Did single rider on Potter but there was no single rider on any of the rides on the lower lot. JW just broke down, I wasn't about to wait an hour for Mummy or Transformers, so I just called it a day and left.

Really hope they bring single rider back for those lower lot rides because it really needs it. Glad they still have that "park hack" for Potter though.

Went to the park yesterday. Did single rider on Potter but there was no single rider on any of the rides on the lower lot. JW just broke down, I wasn't about to wait an hour for Mummy or Transformers, so I just called it a day and left.

Really hope they bring single rider back for those lower lot rides because it really needs it. Glad they still have that "park hack" for Potter though.
Sounds the same as my visit a month ago. I really think they need to reopen the SR lines, I saw many partially empty boats/trains so not a very efficient operation.

Reactions: Freak
Can we also talk about how stupid the Single rider on Potter is? So when the line gets to be over 60 mins you have to wait in the outside Q....just to walk on the ride? lol

Wish you could let people without backpacks just go on in but it wont happen....I dont know if it's CM's not wanting to work with single riders or just management but they seem to not want to help single riders out at all any more.

Can we also talk about how stupid the Single rider on Potter is? So when the line gets to be over 60 mins you have to wait in the outside Q....just to walk on the ride? lol

Wish you could let people without backpacks just go on in but it wont happen....I dont know if it's CM's not wanting to work with single riders or just management but they seem to not want to help single riders out at all any more.

Usually I’m able to just go left and walk to the single rider line.

It hasn't been outside in ages... but when it has been, generally, I just tell them I'm a single rider at the front, and I haven't had to wait. That said, it could be up to the discretion of whoever is working out front... I have been told to wait outside once or twice, at which point I just decided forget it.

It hasn't been outside in ages... but when it has been, generally, I just tell them I'm a single rider at the front, and I haven't had to wait. That said, it could be up to the discretion of whoever is working out front... I have been told to wait outside once or twice, at which point I just decided forget it.
The line has been stretching over an hour recently, does that not put it at starting outside?