Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

May 8, 2010
Gainesville, FL
New For 2018: HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster!
SFDK New 2018 | Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

VALLEJO, Calif. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, the Thrill Capital of Northern California, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its newest thrill machine—HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster, set to open in spring 2018. This world’s first of its kind inverted looping coaster features continuous inversions along a vertically stacked figure eight track. The ride features multiple head-to-head high flybys at combined speeds of 70 miles per hour for the ultimate dueling adventure ride.

“Six Flags is the leader in thrills and opens new rides and attractions every year, at every park. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will debut a world’s first of its kind coaster and it will be our first to be themed after one of the world’s most iconic female Super-Villains, HARLEY QUINN,” said Park President Don McCoy. “Located next to THE JOKER—our popular hybrid coaster, the over-the-top personality of HARLEY QUINN will be the perfect addition as the world’s most iconic Super Heroes and Super-Villains battle it out for dominance.”

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster takes thrills to a whole new level, as two trains race forward and backwards then charge each other head-to-head to create a dueling riding experience that only Six Flags could deliver. The dueling trains with 32 riders seated face-to-face, race repeatedly around a 360-foot circuit of lemniscate (figure eight) track.

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster highlights include:

· Riders experience up to 12 head over heels inversions;
· After the two trains travel back and forth, the ride does three forward rotations and another three in the opposite direction;
· A tantalizing “High Five” moment – when the two high speed trains pass each other at a combined speed of 70 miles per hour giving the illusion that riders can actually reach out and “high five” the other riders as they careen by.

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster will be located across from THE JOKER and adjacent to SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight.
hqcrazycoaster1.JPG
hqcrazycoaster2.JPG
hqcrazycoaster3.JPG

Last edited:
New For 2018: HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster!
SFDK New 2018 | Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

VALLEJO, Calif. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, the Thrill Capital of Northern California, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its newest thrill machine—HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster, set to open in spring 2018. This world’s first of its kind inverted looping coaster features continuous inversions along a vertically stacked figure eight track. The ride features multiple head-to-head high flybys at combined speeds of 70 miles per hour for the ultimate dueling adventure ride.

“Six Flags is the leader in thrills and opens new rides and attractions every year, at every park. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will debut a world’s first of its kind coaster and it will be our first to be themed after one of the world’s most iconic female Super-Villains, HARLEY QUINN,” said Park President Don McCoy. “Located next to THE JOKER—our popular hybrid coaster, the over-the-top personality of HARLEY QUINN will be the perfect addition as the world’s most iconic Super Heroes and Super-Villains battle it out for dominance.”

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster takes thrills to a whole new level, as two trains race forward and backwards then charge each other head-to-head to create a dueling riding experience that only Six Flags could deliver. The dueling trains with 32 riders seated face-to-face, race repeatedly around a 360-foot circuit of lemniscate (figure eight) track.

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster highlights include:

· Riders experience up to 12 head over heels inversions;
· After the two trains travel back and forth, the ride does three forward rotations and another three in the opposite direction;
· A tantalizing “High Five” moment – when the two high speed trains pass each other at a combined speed of 70 miles per hour giving the illusion that riders can actually reach out and “high five” the other riders as they careen by.

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster will be located across from THE JOKER and adjacent to SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight.
View attachment 5274
View attachment 5275
View attachment 5276

Surprise to not see this this at Great Adventure, to be honest. Either way, interested to see how this plays out.

I'm at this park right now...and while I love the animal exhibits and the Joker, this park is severely lacking in people-eating attractions. It's a slow day and yet I waited an hour and a half for Joker and close to the same for Superman. Where are the higher capacity B&M or Intamin coasters? (Medusa was my only decent wait.)

Smaller park, only does about 2-2.5 million a year, doesn't need B&M capacity most of the time. With that kind of attendance it's out of their price range to buy one (Six Flags only spends about $7 million a year in capex for any park), and lower capacity sells more Flashpasses.

Finally! Of course now they have this one built (as long as it keep running with no problems), additional installations (at other Six Flags for 2019 and at SeaWorld SD) will be much easier. I don't believe they had anything more than a working model until now and this is the first full size version built.

So I’m about to make the trip down n a couple weeks to visit this and CGA. Any advice on this park? What to hit first? How long should it take before I knock out all the credits?

Went to this park yesterday. Of the four Six Flags parks I’ve been to (Fiesta, Over Texas, SFMM, and this), it’s definateky the weakest in the bunch. The animal exhibits were cool, Joker and Superman were pretty descent rides, Sky Screamer was fun, but everything else is very mediocre or rough. Hope they have better coasters in the future and not just another carnival flat.

Oh, and V2 and Kong were closed on my visit, so I was short two credits. :(

Went to this park yesterday. Of the four Six Flags parks I’ve been to (Fiesta, Over Texas, SFMM, and this), it’s definateky the weakest in the bunch. The animal exhibits were cool, Joker and Superman were pretty descent rides, Sky Screamer was fun, but everything else is very mediocre or rough. Hope they have better coasters in the future and not just another carnival flat.

Oh, and V2 and Kong were closed on my visit, so I was short two credits. :(

Did you ride their new Skywarp? How was it?

Quick question, I’m going to be heading to Discovery Kingdom this Saturday the 31st for the first time. I was wondering if getting the flash pass is worth it? And also if getting the platinum would be the best way to go (even though it’s very expensive!)

Anybody hear that?...No?...
Well, that was the sound of Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster getting removed from the park. BTT got the confirmation.

So, is Tidal Twister at SWSD long for the world? While Skyline does awesome work with GCI, it's unfortunate their own custom rides haven't been making the best of waves.

Anybody hear that?...No?...
Well, that was the sound of Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster getting removed from the park. BTT got the confirmation.

So, is Tidal Twister at SWSD long for the world? While Skyline does awesome work with GCI, it's unfortunate their own custom rides haven't been making the best of waves.

I'd assume Tidal Twister will be removed shortly after they finish demolition for Submarine Quest.