Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So if I have an Gold AP

Are these tickets on sale now the one I still need to buy or will I be able to get a maze pass for cheaper later?

I hope these are great and that it leads to a ramped up competition for guests' dollars between Scary Farm, Horror Nights and Fright Fest. Unfortunately my entire lived experience with this company leads me to believe it will continue to be an also-ran in Southern California. Would love to be wrong, though!

Is it a separate gate this year? Website says park closes at 5pm and event starts at 7pm.

I've never been, but seriously considering this year, already talking to a local friend about doing it.

With this haunt news blurring the lines between threads, I'll ask here: while it's very cool SF got all these IPs, wasn't the main rumor for Fright Fest NOES? Yet that wasn't mentioned in the announcements at all.

Also curious to see what will happen to the pre-existing mazes. Aftermath is pretty ready to go for a zombie overlay, and Saw and Conjuring are already there. That leaves Sewer of Souls, Willoughby's, Vault 666, Condamned, and Truth or Dare (which was already extensively redone just a few years ago). What property will go where? And will any of the originals remain? I wouldn't be that sad about losing Sewer, and Vault 666 has been around for a very long time, so it's due... but Condamned is pretty well themed (on a relative SF scale already), and I would miss the classic haunted house feel of Willoughby's (even though I do realize it's been around equally as long).

Willoughby's has long history for Fright Fest at Magic Mountain, it is their recurring legacy original. While I love it, it's time to retire it for a new incarnation of the Willoughby's

Honestly I couldn't begin to tell you where what would go where. BUT I figured Vault 666 was being replaced since it wasn't used for Scream Break 2024.

Army of the Dead is the only logical replacement for Aftermath

Reactions: Jake S and chris.g
Nice try, Six Flags, you still won't get my money, even with those cool IPs. Will watch their opening night footage though. They have an opportunity to do Stranger Things right -- something HHN could never do. Honestly if they accomplish that, they should be proud.

Anybody else notice their site says a record of 20 haunted houses and scarezones? Obviously scarezones there will be more of, but I find that fascinating.

Also, wtf, a hard ticket event for $75?! They must really not want me to change my mind about this bahhaha that's one way to keep me out.

Reactions: chris.g
Honestly Fright Fest doesn't deserve all the negativity & shade considering it's survived for 30 years.

Clearly the event is doing something right. Most seem to forget that even HHN doesn't get an instant winner with IPs every time (insert random excuse here ____).

I'm optimistic about this bombshell they dropped. Like anything at HHN, Knott's or Dark Harbor... it can either go well or fail epically. It'll probably fall somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Honestly Fright Fest doesn't deserve all the negativity & shade considering it's survived for 30 years.

Clearly the event is doing something right. Most seem to forget that even HHN doesn't get an instant winner with IPs every time (insert random excuse here ____).

I'm optimistic about this bombshell they dropped. Like anything at HHN, Knott's or Dark Harbor... it can either go well or fail epically. It'll probably fall somewhere in the middle.
I agree but if its true that this year its a ticket to get in plus 70 bucks

Yeah, they really need to step it up then because thats more then HHN or scary Farm

I'm excited to see what they do but if I as an AP have to pay 70 bucks for this as well, my expectations go up

I agree but if its true that this year its a ticket to get in plus 70 bucks

Yeah, they really need to step it up then because thats more then HHN or scary Farm

I'm excited to see what they do but if I as an AP have to pay 70 bucks for this as well, my expectations go up
But that ticket is not just an event ticket-- it's all day admission. If it was an upcharge for the night time Fright Fest and $70 (like HHN and Knotts) then expectations should be set higher, but your ticket for HHN or KSF doesn't let you visit the park and ride rides all day, it only gets the events and attractions at night.

But that ticket is not just an event ticket-- it's all day admission. If it was an upcharge for the night time Fright Fest and $70 (like HHN and Knotts) then expectations should be set higher, but your ticket for HHN or KSF doesn't let you visit the park and ride rides all day, it only gets the events and attractions at night.
Is there an option to go to just the event?

I’m not seeing that

But I do agree Fright Fest shouldn’t get all the hate that it does. I fully realize it’s a lower tier (especially in maze production value), but I’ve had just as good of a time there as I have at HHN and KSF.

It’s not just about the production value of the mazes. It’s the scareactors (which I find to be just as good as Knott’s, if not occasionally better), overall atmosphere (which has been improving at lot), relative shortness of lines, being able to do all the mazes in a single night without needing a degree in calculus (looking at you, HHN), and being able to go on rides if you need a break from mazes all contribute to a decent experience.

I feel like sometimes people here focus solely on production value. And while it’s helpful and cool to see, I can have just as good of a time in a maze with lower production values if the cast works.

Yeah, from what others have said online that I can fin and ask the event is now 70 bucks for everyone (minimum)

And at least the tickets on sale now DO NOT include daytime admission

So yeah, this event for me is now graded on a scale where if its not at the level at HHN and Scary Farm I feel people can call them out

Reactions: Jake S