Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, I am not really complain that this is starting to become an industry standard. Though it would suck to be a teen that can't find a willing chaperone.
Agreed

My friends and I went...I think I was 18 or 19 when we started....so if this was the policy back then no idea if I would have ever gotten into HHN or these kinda events

No way I would have gone alone for the first times...and without friends none of my parents or friends would have had any interest in these kinda events

I get it sucks for well-behaved teenagers, but unfortunately, the park was out of control the last time I attended Fright Fest a few years back. Come park close, it became abundantly clear how many parents were using the event as a babysitter.

Just saw a vlogger youtube update (not worth posting), but yea.... um.. :eyes:o_O

- Willoughby's Resurrected & Sewer of Souls STILL don't have their facades yet
- SZ set details are still non-existent in DC, Screampunk, & Looney Toons/Whistlestop.
- nothing on the main gate
- no changes at the "former" Aftermath backstage gate (yet)
- No updates to the SAW facade (yet)
- Trick r Treat is progressing quickly
- Devil's Triangle, Exile Hill & Nightmares have "some" SZ scenic
- no spooky set design (yet) for Full Throttle stage

....someone is getting fired or demoted :skull:

I might go night one, not to the houses but just to see the crap show this seems to be. Just insane obviously it would be almost impossible now to get everything ready but does management have like zero love for the park?

Just saw a vlogger youtube update (not worth posting), but yea.... um.. :eyes:o_O

- Willoughby's Resurrected & Sewer of Souls STILL don't have their facades yet
- SZ set details are still non-existent in DC, Screampunk, & Looney Toons/Whistlestop.
- nothing on the main gate
- no changes at the "former" Aftermath backstage gate (yet)
- No updates to the SAW facade (yet)
- Trick r Treat is progressing quickly
- Devil's Triangle, Exile Hill & Nightmares have "some" SZ scenic
- no spooky set design (yet) for Full Throttle stage

....someone is getting fired or demoted :skull:

That is not great news, and not entirely unexpected. However, the only leeway is that at least for most SZ, main gate, FT stage, and Willoughby's and Sewer of Souls facade, all those things can go up very quickly, probably literally in a single night. So strangely, I'm not too worried about that.

To me, the bigger worry is Trick 'r Treat and Stranger Things (does anybody know that status?). But if Trick 'r Trick is going up quickly, it's promising. As for Saw, while I thought we'd get a new facade, I'm now thinking maybe that was only for SF parks that didn't have Saw before? Honestly, I'm surprised but our current Saw facade has help up really well, so I won't mind all that much if it stayed the same.

Will it still probably have lots of uncompleted elements/mazes on opening night/week? Very likely, yes. But I also think more may get done than we expect. I think their plan may be: just open the mazes/SZ, even if they're not fully finished, and we'll just keep fine tuning them as the event goes on.

To me, the bigger worry is Trick 'r Treat and Stranger Things (does anybody know that status?). But if Trick 'r Trick is going up quickly, it's promising.
Trick R Treat has the solid black wall treatment. And had ripped mesh fabric hanging from the inside of a doorway (potentially the exit). A collection of jackolanterns ready to be loaded into the house. So yea, it seems to be going well.

No idea about Stranger Things. Downside of not working there, I would've casually took a peek to see. (Or like I did with Sewer of Souls when they were working on it- straight up ask if I could get a tour :innocent: was able to get all kinds of pics lol)

just open the mazes/SZ, even if they're not fully finished, and we'll just keep fine tuning them as the event goes on.
Reminds me of Orlando's 2012 House of Horrors which wasn't "finished" until Weekend 3 lol