Six Flags' Justice League: Battle for Metropolis | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags' Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You're missing the huge Hurricane Harbor expansion on 2014. In 2015 and 2016 multiple flat rides were added each year. I think 2012 was the year they introduced several shows, which was the weakest year by far.

Ah. That's actually a pretty legit resume of new attractions. I don't really keep up to date with the SFoG happenings, but this thread is changing that.

Is this ride similar to Knott's Berry Farms' Voyage to the Iron Reef?

Think more like a Transformers type ride system with MIB shooting.

In a lack of better words, JL deserves all the love it can get; especially when you consider that it's from goddamn Six Flags. And unlike most of their dark rides, these take the quality and brings it very close to Universal and Disney in a strange way.

Last edited:
Think more like a Transformers type ride system with MIB shooting.

In a lack of better words, JL deserves all the love it can get; especially when you consider that it's from goddamn Six Flags. And unlike most of their dark rides, these take the quality and brings it very close to Universal and Disney in a strange way.

Yeah, with the exception Monster Mansion at SFoG and the Yosemite Sam ride at SF Great Adventure, the dark rides at Six Flags have all fallen to garbage within a couple of years. If it weren't for the fact that the Goddard Group designed the Monster Mansion and that it's a freakin' work of artistic genius, I'd wager that it would've fallen apart too.

Yeah, with the exception Monster Mansion at SFoG and the Yosemite Sam ride at SF Great Adventure, the dark rides at Six Flags have all fallen to garbage within a couple of years. If it weren't for the fact that the Goddard Group designed the Monster Mansion and that it's a freakin' work of artistic genius, I'd wager that it would've fallen apart too.
A while back Six Flags wanted to change the Monster Plantation to a Justice League theme. Goddard Group showed how upset this would make fans and talked them into a renovation with 4D effects. The result was the Monster Mansion.

A while back Six Flags wanted to change the Monster Plantation to a Justice League theme. Goddard Group showed how upset this would make fans and talked them into a renovation with 4D effects. The result was the Monster Mansion.

I would've been incredibly upset. Six Flags has a bad track record with theming as it is and had they changed Peachtree Square to a loose Justice League or DC area, I would've flipped out. I'm glad they finally rethemed Ninja to fit into the Cotton States Area, but that's after they added SkyScreamer to Lickskillet without adjusting the theming, so it's just a constant trade-off of half baked ideas.

I think my favorite out of place attractions at of all Six Flags parks is the Dark Knight Coaster and Superman: Ultimate Flight both being in the Orleans Place section of Great America.

Six Flags is running a nationwide survey related to JL. It starts off determining how much you know about the league, characters, the DC universe, the DC movies, etc. It then goes on trying out all manner of different names for the ride.

Sounds like they are better trying to position marketing for the ride. Also, why go to the effort nationwide unless they are planning on opening more of the ride. If they are working this hard on brand ID I think it is safe to say nothing else will be labeled Justice League. Even the new kids ride area at SFOG was named Super Friends instead of JL.

Would love to see this ride eventually makes to all the SF parks.

Super Friends sounds terrible. o_O...Sounds like a ride for little kids.
Exactly. It is a small area with five kids rides including the old Wile E Coyote Canyon Coaster rethemed to Joker.
Six-Flags-Over-Georgia-Super-Friends-e1441416555884.jpg

Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-09-03%2Bat%2B7.27.10%2BPM.png

It has been confirmed that Six Flags Magic Mountain. Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Great Adventure will be receiving the popular"Justice League - Battle for Metropolis" dark ride.

Magic Mountain in particular, will be getting an upgrade with new ending, the addition of Harley Quinn and more.