Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I noticed many Disney and other outside bloggers were there today, and had probably never been there before, with no idea how that park functions, or what to expect from a day at Magic Mountain:lol:
I'm not going to be too mean..but I saw an up and coming Blogger couple say they have NEVER seen the Harry Potter films and they cover Universal all the time........like how?

FF is crap so I get it but the Potter films? How have people living in CA never seen those? Its strange the type of people who blog you have the super fans liek many of us who know everything going on and been to most parts in our areas...then you have the people who are doing it because they want to support their lifestyles of traveling by getting money for it.

Its interesting but no clue how people have never been to six Flags before its the cheapest option for theme parks they used to have like 25 buck tickets from a coke can...lol

I'm not going to be too mean..but I saw an up and coming Blogger couple say they have NEVER seen the Harry Potter films and they cover Universal all the time........like how?

FF is crap so I get it but the Potter films? How have people living in CA never seen those? Its strange the type of people who blog you have the super fans liek many of us who know everything going on and been to most parts in our areas...then you have the people who are doing it because they want to support their lifestyles of traveling by getting money for it.

Its interesting but no clue how people have never been to six Flags before its the cheapest option for theme parks they used to have like 25 buck tickets from a coke can...lol

Some people don't watch Potter due to the elements of the content rubbing them the wrong way. It's why in the past, when Rock The Universe was in the Late Summer at UOR, we wouldn't see real action on the HHN streets begin until RTU quickly passed.

Some people don't watch Potter due to the elements of the content rubbing them the wrong way. It's why in the past, when Rock The Universe was in the Late Summer at UOR, we wouldn't see real action on the HHN streets begin until RTU quickly passed.
lol

The Harry Potter magic stuff I thought died yearsssss ago. Like I know my dad cared for a little but by 2000 (200 years ago) thought its like who cares. Now its more about the Author sucking and ironically not learning the core lessons from the book about kindness and greatness coming from anyone no matter how strange or an outcast they are.
But maybe, just no clue how people are chill with Dr Strange and Lord of the rings but Potter is worst..lol

lol

The Harry Potter magic stuff I thought died yearsssss ago. Like I know my dad cared for a little but by 2000 (200 years ago) thought its like who cares. Now its more about the Author sucking and ironically not learning the core lessons from the book about kindness and greatness coming from anyone no matter how strange or an outcast they are.
But maybe, just no clue how people are chill with Dr Strange and Lord of the rings but Potter is worst..lol

In the past, more specifically with Potter, there have been debates in christian communities on the subject material of Potter, and some beliefs on satanic or cultish elements.

In the case of explaining what I meant by the HHN example, back when RTU preformed in August, they'd have to delay elements of the preparation for HHN scarezones in Orlando: due to the crowds that come for RTU specifically.

It's why I'm not entirely surprised that some wouldn't know Potter as intense, even as Universal fans. That said, this is quite a topic change for a thread oriented on Six Flags Magic Mountain.

FINALLY. I've been asking this for a long time and they have finally done it. I hope this is permanent. There was little no point in locking people in both of those rooms for like 10 minutes.
Same

Like if there is a long line 30+ mins sureee..but I have gone and its a nothing wait and i have to watch the video when I don't care the graphics of the video are worst than the Batman game on PS3...lol

So would be nice to just let people who want to ride it and there is no line to enter at the exit or something

Maybe it’s because I’ve never ridden JL, but I really wanna see the pre show. I heard it’s incredibly dumb.

Skipping the JL pre-show rooms is one of the few good things to come out of Covid. The statues are a good photo op in the first room if you've never seen them, and the second room has some nice (if subtle) lighting effects. But there has never really been a need to have two separate pre show areas, I've always thought it should just be regular queue space (which is what many other JL installations have done!). It would also cut back on needing to staff two separate pre-show rooms, so it'd work out for SFMM as well.

From what I heard, the first day overall went pretty well. Sure, things were not perfect, but any park is going to have snafus, even Disney will have growing pains when they reopen. It's to be expected. As far as I'm concerned, the problems sounded relatively minor and could be fixed with a little more time, especially as they continue to add more staff.

Some of the things I was really worried about, which is that not all rides would be open or ride rotation operations, mostly did not come to fruition. Looks like they opened nearly all they could, and have even added more seating for dining. I heard Batman is down due to being repainted. And I'm not sure if they're keeping water rides closed in an abundance of caution (on a side note, are there any updates/guidlines for water parks?). A bit disaapointing that Crazanity, Ninja, and Goldrusher seemed to be closed (unless they opened later in the day?), but by and large, it seems everything else was open... and really, that's not that much down than any typical day.

It'll be interesting to see if anything improves or changes by my visit tomorrow.

Reactions: Clive
Went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for the Members Only day.

I was originally going to Magic Mountain but I didn't have the time for that drive.

SFDK operations are already not the best if I'm being honest. So, combine that with lengthy sanitation processes (including letting the train go empty to dry it off) and you got yourself a recipe for disaster.

I think I'm really going to wait till 2022 for the California parks. These lines are going to be more brutal than ever.

I'll try again in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
I understand the thought process of "we should sanitize stuff," but shouldn't the ride vehicles, for the sake of expediting the process, be up to the passenger to sanitize themselves at the exit? Considering it is REALLY hard to catch Covid from a surface, spending all that time wiping stuff down isn't necessarily worth it. Spacing people out is going to be key here. Sanitation, while a worthy cause, should be left up to the consumer. If I touch a handle bar then pick my nose immediately right after, that's on me.

Reactions: Pacific
I understand the thought process of "we should sanitize stuff," but shouldn't the ride vehicles, for the sake of expediting the process, be up to the passenger to sanitize themselves at the exit? Considering it is REALLY hard to catch Covid from a surface, spending all that time wiping stuff down isn't necessarily worth it. Spacing people out is going to be key here. Sanitation, while a worthy cause, should be left up to the consumer. If I touch a handle bar then pick my nose immediately right after, that's on me.

LMAO!!!

I feel like that would be kinda tricky to hold people to actually doing. I hardly ever see people at the store sanitizing their own carts if employees arent doing it themselves, let alone at a theme park where people are in a "get from ride to ride as fast as possible" mindset. Spraying the whole thing down and letting it run once to dry is probably the best we're really gonna get at this point.

Reactions: Rideguy70
The line to just park is a joke
They literally have times for people they knew how many people would be coming and still just could not get it right

they need people with iPads and checking in the car behind the car at booth to speed this up
This is 15 percent snd they can’t handle it

They literally have times for people they knew how many people would be coming and still just could not get it right

they need people with iPads and checking in the car behind the car at booth to speed this up
And how far they are making you part due to the vaccination site. But the vaccination site is no longer taking appointments so they should be out of there soon. In fact they’ve already packed up half the cones in the furthest part of the lot.

I'm not blaming SFMM completely on this, Park Journey posted in their review that there are quite a few people who went on days that literally they either didn't have a reservation for, or had at a separate date. Cant fault them for GP incompetency

Reactions: Rideguy70
I'm not blaming SFMM completely on this, Park Journey posted in their review that there are quite a few people who went on days that literally they either didn't have a reservation for, or had at a separate date. Cant fault them for GP incompetency
For Sure but too many booths are closed. I know they have the Vaccine site but not once did I see a line of cars for those booths. They should have ONE land for vaccines and the rest open for guests and honestly they for a while have had slow lines in the front. Have someone with a Pass/card be able to get the OK and once the person in front of them is good both people leave. Its why Chick Fil A and In and Out are still loved even with lines because they are trying to get people in and out ASAP.

Now on to one other "bad" thing and then on to the positives. Rides closing down, the App is not updating with this info and you waste your time walking to ride to see its closed they need the App to update and or ride boards with wait times/what is closed in the park. Literally gave away my Flash Passes because the rides I got were closed and I was not going to wait for them to maybe reopen.

On to the good, the new weapon check is SOOO much faster, my god disney and Universal get this NOW. Getting into the park was easy after parking though if you want to be close you have to be there within the first hour or else walk a pretty far distance.

West Coast Racers was maybe a 20 min wait when I got in at 11:30ish, so not bad at all and most people in lines were good. It was mainly teens who just were in too big of groups who were even that close to me parents were going great with kids and most adults respected all lines for food and rides.

Food isn't that bad up until noon after that, its a Sh@tshow the lines are far to long and not sure if mobile ordering will help you that much.
Also unlike Universal they give you water for free (no clue why Universal could not give out water at the food event)

If you get there early should be about 20ish mins lines for rides or less but get a Flash pass early by 1 PM the line was over 30 mins just to skip the line later, lol.

Justice League didn't open until after noon but had no line so went on it twice in a row and finally made it to the top 1%.

Overall it depends on what you want to to....if you want to be here all day enjoy to me it would be a nightmare but if you have an AP and go for a few hours for lunch and some rides should be a great time. Just get there early and check traffic, traffic even at 10 AM was stand still at points and the line to get in is 20+ mins.

I thank the staff for dealing with all the BS and the management needs to get on top of the crap going wrong because your CMs have enough to deal with and don't need rides just going down all day or food lines so long people are pissed.

Did they secretly change the name of Fright Fest to Hallowfest? Was looking at their season pass offerings and the wording is: "Includes BOTH Hallowfest and Holiday in the Park admission*"

I was at the park today. I do agree that cars really back up at parking, and I feel they could give just two lanes for the vaccines... after all, vaccines don't even back up into a queue for a long ways past the gate. Having four lanes for vaccines seems really unnecessary. The parking did mostly go fine for me, but again, if you're stuck behind someone without a reservation/wrong date, of course that could hold everything up. That's not SFMM's fault. And while I had heard that they didn't open parking until 10:20 on April 1, for us on April 3, they opened parking by 10:05. We arrived at the parking gates by 9:50am (the park opened at 10:30), and I'd say there were already about 50 cars stacked and waiting to get in.

Since I have maintained my membership throughout the pandemic, I got upgraded to Diamond Elite VIP, which gets me up to 4 ride passes. However, they don't include: Superman, WCR, Crazanity, or X2. Even so, not a bad deal. I had Preferred Parking reserved, and since that's taken up by the vaccine, I was directed to the old Valet parking area right next to X2, which was my first time coming from that area... I loved it! But the attendant there said it probably won't last long (again, likely because of vaccinations), so try to enjoy it while you can! We were also told that in the future, we will be given a SF gift card to use for all our credit that we continued to pay during the pandemic.

We generally had a great time, and did way more than we expected to accomplish! My biggest advice is get there early , and leave early. We got a crapload of stuff done in about the first 2-3 hours of park opening, but by about 2 or 3pm, it was like suddenly all the lines for both food and rides are out of control. Get there early and leave early, and I think you'll have a great time. We left by about 2:30 (after a bit of shopping) and thought that was right, as all the lines were starting to get out of control by then.

I also agree that rides are up and down a lot... we saw nearly every ride have to shut down at some point, and then typically reopen 30-60 minutes later, so come back if you can. I don't really fault SFMM for this right now, either... the park is still trying to get it's sealegs, so to speak, and I get a sense there's a lot of new team members who are not quite used to making it all work smoothly. I think it'll get better in time, and given what they had to work with, it's a great start. Yeah, some guests are not great about having their masks over their nose or distancing in lines, but in a large group, it's inevitiable. But most people would move back if asked politely, and if on the pathway, it's wide enough you can easily avoid them. I also love all the new seating areas they've added... I hope that stays! And I'm hoping that in time, they'll add drink stations (like Knott's has) for quicker refills.