Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also throwed out the idea of Darkseid coming into play, as that could explain why the tower is being even thought of for a ride possibility.

The only way I can buy this, is if Superman is no longer going to be Superman, leaving the door open to Darkseid there, and to eventually bring back Superman somewhere around the Riddler's Revenge spot.
I could very well see this being the 50th anniversary coaster. The one next year can be marked as the 20th coaster, while Superman 3.0 can be the world’s tallestcoaster if not fastest as well...the most coveted world record.

As long as the launch is good and the airtime is insane, bring it. This could be a top 10 coaster if they do it right.

I'm getting word Cyclone Bay will close sometime this year all the way down to Roaring Rapids (I'm not sure if theyre gonna give it a proper sendoff or go about it quietly like Log Jammer). Get your rides in soon!

Last edited:
Uhh that's not Cyclone Bay but does that mean Apocalypse is being torn down?

Also what of Tatsu's entrance?

I hope they don't get rid of that forest area, it's one of the nicest in the park.

Reactions: Freak
No, but Apocalypse will go through yet another refurb/ retheme. Also I’m hearing a sound-proof shed on the drop may be likely.

So think of it this way, you will be able to still loop around the park with the stairs near Tatsu (should be open) up Samurai Summit.

Pray another retracking is in order. The entire thing was so shaky.

I'd be sad if they destroyed that forest area. Surely whatever is coming (B&M Giga I pray) can stay out of its way.

Reactions: Freak
Pray another retracking is in order. The entire thing was so shaky.

I'd be sad if they destroyed that forest area. Surely whatever is coming (B&M Giga I pray) can stay out of its way.
The forest has to stay, but knowing SFMM, they’ll probably go total deforestation, they love to cut trees. :(

I want a Giga as much as you man, but it will probably be an extreme spinner.

Reactions: Ryan
I wouldn't focus on those extreme spinner rumors. Funny, I've sent Lance credible stuff and he always posts the more bogus rumors in order to grab more attention. But whatever's pulling in hits I suppose.

I'll be straight up, I've no idea what's coming in place of this. I've heard a flat ride package OR a new coaster (which I really thought they'd be saving for) so anyone's guess is as good as mine.

That area, if you include Roaring Rapids, is enormous, so it could be both. If such it would be the largest expansion in the park's history a la what Dollywood is doing. Though, of course, I'd be stunned to see Six Flags lay down that sort of significant one-year capital even for their flagship park. If they are saving up, then this has got to be something big. The only things I can think of are:

A) The world's first T-Rex model
or
B) A giga

Those are the two things that would really show SFMM's muscle, and something that the park could use. Granted, I really want that giga but B&Ms can be costly.

Certainly interesting.

Reactions: chris.g
The forest has to stay, but knowing SFMM, they’ll probably go total deforestation, they love to cut trees. :(

I don't know if they love cutting trees--I'd say it's more they enjoy avoiding future lawsuits. Unfortunate, but in this day and age, that's the reality.

That area, if you include Roaring Rapids, is enormous, so it could be both. If such it would be the largest expansion in the park's history a la what Dollywood is doing. Though, of course, I'd be stunned to see Six Flags lay down that sort of significant one-year capital even for their flagship park. If they are saving up, then this has got to be something big. The only things I can think of are:

A) The world's first T-Rex model
or
B) A giga

Those are the two things that would really show SFMM's muscle, and something that the park could use. Granted, I really want that giga but B&Ms can be costly.

Certainly interesting.
Why not both A and B? :) Having a single Rail coaster would cut costs.

Sorry for the double post, but I occasionally lurk on WDWMagic to get some info. Darkbeer1 posted some interesting stuff back in January:

In advance planning, I will let you know my inside info, which is always subject to change.

This year is the Crazanity large Flat ride, and a reworked midway area.

2019 big item is a major new Roller Coaster, but has not been finalized as to which specific one they will build.

But there is talk of addressing more family attractions, based on the demographics of the Season Passholders.

I will easily state you should take a grain of salt on any inside info.

On the other hand, I have/had personal relationships with many park presidents and even Theme Park chain CEO's over the last 30 years or so, so do have a good feel of what is going on in the industry.

I could've sworn I read something somewhere about them making a big deal about its drop. I'll see if I can do some more digging.

I'm disappointed they're getting rid of Roarin' Rapids, considering it is a fun water ride. Wish they would've gotten rid of Tidal Wave instead of this.

Anyways, I don't think it's going to be a giga, as much as I would like it to be. I'm thinking it's Time Traveler at Silver Dollar City.

Spending 30m on a massive coaster would be stupid, but they will do it. 30m spread around the park could turn the place around far far better than roller coaster number 20. Its not gonna attract anyone who doesn't already go to the park or like it.