Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hearing reports Superman is officially done. Rumor is its server room exploded yesterday after overheating, and knowing SFMM, they will find it easier to replace the attraction over fixing it. Another SFMM SBNO attraction.

Still looking to confirm this, but wow.
That is literally the most Six Flags thing I have heard happen in a long time lol

Well that's a shame. Probably gonna be a few years before we hear any word of a proper replacement. Sad.

Perfect opportunity to modernize the launch system. Something more reliable and that doesn’t have to close for multiple days when it rains lol.

In a moment that could be considered me wondering, SFCorp bought Energylandia's Tilt Coaster. While it is going to SFM, I wonder if with the combined element of the Super Boomerang at Great Adventure, if Vekoma could be tapped on for SFMM's next major coaster.

So.. Is superman back up and running?
Its not listed as closed on the Six Flags website. (and it it was really down for a long time you would think it would be listed as closed) right?

Edit: weird that only the whistlestop train is shown as closed on the actual website (for refurbishment) but the app shows more rides closed

Wait...I thought Superman was done forever?
Updated my post, the Website only shows the train down for a refurb, but lists no other rides closed
the app shows a lot more... which is odd.. If Superman was down for a "refurb" as well you would think it would show on the website and the app

It was a bush fire. Judging from the fact that the original post has been deleted, op must of assumed that the bush fire was on the ride area
I had a friend who worked Superman. He said he had to hit the E stop once and the control panel
Caught on fire. I believe it lol

I had a friend who worked Superman. He said he had to hit the E stop once and the control panel
Caught on fire. I believe it lol

Magic Mountain was my first big coaster park my parents took my to 20+ years ago, went to Superman first because it looked so cool in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 lol.

On the return ride back, shot through the station and came to a stop at the buffer at the very end of the track. Ops came sprinting from the station in a panic asking if anyone had serious injuries right-off-the-bat lol, we we're all fine and all these years later it's still the only ride EVAC story I have. I've also only been on it twice since then, despite semi-annual trips, due to it always being down.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy