Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

U

UniversalFan

Six Flags is working really slow on their newest record breaking coaster. The Coaster is complete, but they barely started working on the new 5 acre land called "Full Throttle Nights". No pictures available at this time.

I've been to SFMM many times, and have never felt unsafe.  With that said, the park is a dump. Rude and clueless employees, trash everywhere, horrible park operations, and many of the areas of the park look abandoned.  Great collection of coasters (X2 is awesome!), but that's about it. Its a shame too, as the park really has all the potential to be one of the best parks in the country, but that will never happen with Six Flags running things. 

I look forward to riding Full Throttle, but I don't look forward to going to the park. LOL.

I live about 2-3 hours away from Magic Mountain, and I don't feel like sitting in a car that long if I'm not even looking forward to going to a park like that. Haha.

I'm not a roller coaster junkie. I'm sure I'd probably be one if I gave them a chance, but anything too crazy is not my cup of tea. But with stories of bad employees, horrible crazy teen guests, lack of themeing, filth, unorganization, and other issues make me not wanna go. Ever. Why bother when I can spend the day at Universal or Disney.

I love roller coasters. I love Batman. I love Warner brothers cartoons. Six flags is a perfect combo for me. It's safer now than it was in the past, teenagers are kind of eh everywhere, and the park has gotten better in terms of cleanliness, staff, and the maintenance of it's rides. I love six flags, haven't been in a few years, but I'll always love that place. I have quite a few good memories there, like riding Riddlers Revenge within it's first week of operation, riding Goliath on opening day, the first time I felt the weightlessness from superman, and the thrill of letting my feet dangle on Batman the ride.

Six Flags has it's issues still like any theme park, but it has many good points too. It's not as awful as everyone seems to be convinced.

I'm not a roller coaster junkie. I'm sure I'd probably be one if I gave them a chance, but anything too crazy is not my cup of tea. But with stories of bad employees, horrible crazy teen guests, lack of themeing, filth, unorganization, and other issues make me not wanna go. Ever. Why bother when I can spend the day at Universal or Disney.
Well, that's the thing. I love coasters, and Six Flags fills a role that Universal and Disney can't possibly fulfill.

True, the park is not to the same standard as Knotts, Universal or Disney. But we have to keep in mind that Disney and Universal are anomalies in the theme park world. Even our cheapest attractions can bankrupt smaller parks. And as Adriana has said, the park has gotten better over the years. It's not great, but it is better.

I'm sure it's gotten better. Otherwise it would probably close! Either way, it's not my cup of tea. I like going to a park and being immersed in different stories and places and movies. Steel Roller coasters with a hero name slapped on it isn't my thing. I like coasters but not obsessed. Each to their own ;)

SFMM is  a great Amusement park with lots of thrills. Way different from anything Universal or Disney put on and many people who have never visited either park sometimes expect attractions like this. One time I took my 20 year old cuz from out of country to Disneyland and he was expecting(cause he knew 0 about Disneyland) thrill rides like ones found at SFMM. Their are reasons that their are more Amusement Parks then Theme Parks. I think general audiences like Amusement parks more then theme parks. Of course were spoiled being in So Cal. :)

SFMM is  a great Amusement park with lots of thrills. Way different from anything Universal or Disney put on and many people who have never visited either park sometimes expect attractions like this. One time I took my 20 year old cuz from out of country to Disneyland and he was expecting(cause he knew 0 about Disneyland) thrill rides like ones found at SFMM. Their are reasons that their are more Amusement Parks then Theme Parks. I think general audiences like Amusement parks more then theme parks. Of course were spoiled being in So Cal. :)
We are spoiled and I love it! Figure we have Disney, Knotts, Universal, Sea World, several zoos, several highly interactive museums, and Six Flags all in the same region - that would make one hell of a vacation without ever leaving the state.

I definitely agree :) I respect that people love the park. If I was a roller coaster junkie or not crazy about theme, I'd probably love it too. I just prefer the family atmosphere of Disney and Universal. Even judging from pictures, you can tell that Disney and Universal are higher quality products without even going on the rides! I can walk around Disney and USH and soak in the atmosphere. I'm drawn to that :) Maybe it's also heavy nostalgia of USH and Disneyland that plays a role for me.

I think Six Flags touts itself as a "thrill" park rather than a "theme" park.  They make their nod to themeing but that's about it.  For a time in the 90's MM was run by the gangs and was a very dangerous place to work and go for fun.  I don't think they've been able to beat that reputation.  Most of the people that have been hurt or died there were from outside sources such as the gangs.  The few that were because of the park were from negligence or bad luck.  I knew one of the ride ops that was killed there.  From what I've heard, MM has been really trying to clean up its reputation but is having a hard time doing it because Six Flags keeps threatening to close the park like it has done to others.

On the plus side, those rides are lovingly maintained and are very safe.  I know a few of the maintaince guys and if it's the attraction is not ok, they won't let it open that day.

Actauly let's discuss the lack of flat's and possible 2014 roster.

Now if anyone didn't know this they sucked a lot back before Lex and now six flags is thinking of adding more family attractions for the park and lead's me to 2014. I got a survey for magic mountain and it was for more family ride's and the one that has a lot more attention is a dark ride and family coaster like roadrunner express. If they add a dark ride there is a big chance justice league alien invasion in the park and the dark knight coaster and that could be for like 2015 because actauly there's a big rumor that colossus will get the rocky mountain overhaul with dueling so it could bring back the family ride's to 2015 to the time of a possible justice league movie if man of steel is big on box office sale's and personaly this could be the next step to the company six flag's finally take more attention to the thrill capitial in the world and not cram another coaster in the park but fix on what they've done and fix the look of the park.

I'm into roller coasters, but I'd get a headache from going on several in one day. I plan on visiting the park some day, but it's just hard to keep those thoughts of their bad reputation out of my head.

SFMM has the strictest safety regulations ever. They really keep you safe in there. Except for that one time there was a fight going on. And an ambulance came and blocked off the entrance of the park. 

Six Flags is going to announce its new ride(s) at the end of the month! Excited!

Probably going to be an exciting new dark ride with a phenomenal blend of thrills, scenery, animatronics and laser projections and....oh...did you say Six Flags? Ahh...oops.

(Teasing :p )
It's kinda funny that you say that, because Magic Mountain sent out a survey a couple of months asking what we would think of a Scooby Doo shoot em up dark ride? Who knows if they'll actually go through with it, but???? I'm sure animatronics will be a minimum, if any.