Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

It's kinda funny that you say that, because Magic Mountain sent out a survey a couple of months asking what we would think of a Scooby Doo shoot em up dark ride? Who knows if they'll actually go through with it, but???? I'm sure animatronics will be a minimum, if any.
actauly no. from my sources is if they add a dark ride it's justice league alien invasion. now that's just from my sources but i think it's true due to the sucess of it in aussie.

That may be. I was just going off of what the survey said. I was not trying to imply that is was happening. Of the rides listed as to what we wanted for 2014 that ride was not listed as one. But anything is possible...

I hearing a new land expansion over where Apocalypse is. Not sure

I went to SSMM for the first time 3 weeks ago and it was pretty good but it kind of sucked because I went with my cousins and they said that we will go to the soft roller coasters first and we first went on viper which loops 7 times but I didn't know that when I was in line and then when I sat down they barely told me and after I got of I couldn't see that well or walk that well either and then after they got on Tatsu which I really wanted to go on but I couldn't sadly but  SSMM was alright and I also did go on Full Throttle and what sucks is that they don't tell you when it begins but it was good and I liked Super Man too. But anyways I had a good time but I still like USH more. Also I'm back since June  :)

Hmm, the idea of riding things backwards actually intrigues me.

As for the kids area, didn't they try this before with Thomas Town?

^ Universal Studios Japan is currently operating their Hollywood Dreams coaster both backwards and forwards as well! Disneyland Paris has also operated their Indiana Jones coaster backwards before for a promotion as well. I'd recommend USH do that for the Mummy but....well, you know. Haha

^ Universal Studios Japan is currently operating their Hollywood Dreams coaster both backwards and forwards as well! Disneyland Paris has also operated their Indiana Jones coaster backwards before for a promotion as well. I'd recommend USH do that for the Mummy but....well, you know. Haha
I don't know about that Allen. I think you are on to something. Seeing the back of cutouts may be more intense for some riders. ;)

Hmm, the idea of riding things backwards actually intrigues me.

As for the kids area, didn't they try this before with Thomas Town?
 Yep, and it failed miserably! Even on the busiest of days, Thomas Town, now Whistle Stop Junction,  and the adjacent Bugs Bunny World are a ghost town.

Magic Mountain is simply not a family park. And families with small children do not take their kids to this park. Especially with parks like Disneyland, Knotts, LegoLand, SeaWorld, and the hand full of family fun centers that dot SoCal.

This expansion is a waste of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kiddie coaster is a cheap way to increase their coaster count. Magic Mountain always like to brag that they have more coasters than any other park.

If you go to Six Flags, make sure you ride Colossus before Augest 16. It has just been shown that Colossus is CLOSING Augest 16th.. So be ready for possibly getting a RMC  I-box Version of

Colossus probably.. Thanks TPR for spotting it also finding it so heres they're picture

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to Six Flags, make sure you ride Colossus before Augest 16. It has just been shown that Colossus is CLOSING Augest 16th.. So be ready for possibly getting a RMC  I-box Version of

Colossus probably.. Thanks TPR for spotting it also finding it so heres they're picture

YES!!!!!

Hopefully RMC and SFMM will finally give California a roller coaster with an abundance of airtime.

Can't they build another coaster on their parking lot? I wouldn't think they're strapped for space.

That, or they really wanted to scrap Colossus.