Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Green Lantern Building is NOT being re-used
GEOJpZf.png

Just looking at the verbiage of the permit. It says dismantle, not demolish. I could be wrong, but I suspect they only need to take down parts of the station. Which requires a permit.

Anyone thinking this is actually Robin themed? The whole acrobatic maneuvers theme of a single rail coaster fits it after all, right next to Batman too.

A thought occurs to me. Do we know in the permits, what'll be occupying the space of Tidal Twister more so closer to the bumper cars? Seems like a good chunk of space for something, should that be kept open for future growth.

2022 - RMC Raptor Coaster - Planning - (8/2/21) While nothing has been confirmed, the current rumor is that Six Flags Magic Mountain may announce the park’s next roller coaster (an RMC Raptor near clone of the Jersey Devil Coaster from SFGAdv) on National Roller Coaster day which is set for August 16, 2021.

Last edited:
No supports on site yet. Permit I believe is to dismantle a portion of the station. Not demolish it. Also a permit was issued Thursday to grade for the second building which will house the trains.

^ Yes, I'm aware of all that. I was mainly posting the announcement rumor because if it's true that closer than I thought it would be. I edited out the second part as it's not entirely accurate.

Last edited:
Kind of thinking long term, but who wants to bet the next major coaster for SFMM after the raptor will be a B&M dive coaster after the Dr Diabolical announcement for SFFT?

The whole concept would just scream SFMM to me. Short, gimmicky, "WORLD RECORD BREAKING", easy to market, and "scary". I can already see the marketing for it now: "World's tallest, steepest, and fastest dive coaster". If they brought it to the park, I wouldn't hate it. Oblivion at Alton Towers is probably as cheap, short, and gimmicky as you could get, but I still liked that ride a lot.

I thought they had considered a dive coaster, but changed their mind when Knott's got something essentially similar.

Really, if you ask me, they are in desperate need of more flat rides. Lots of other SF parks have been getting flat rides over the last few years (Endavour, Air Racer, Tourbilon, Freestyle, etc.). SFMM is way overdue for this, and it would be way cheaper than another coaster.

Last edited:
I thought they had considered a dive coaster, but changed their mind when Knott's got something essentially similar.

Really, if you ask me, they are in desperate need of more flat rides. Lots of other SF parks have been getting flat rides over the last few years (Endavour, Air Racer, Tourbilon, Wipeout, etc.). SFMM is way overdue for this, and it would be way cheaper than another coaster.
I would prefer this as this would allocate more money for them to be able to improve stuff around the park.

I'm under the impression it was originally supposed to go to Magic Mountain.

Maybe it's possible that Emperor and Hangtime made Six Flags reconsider their concepts for a new B&M at SFMM? That could mean other concepts may eventually be looked at; perhaps a return of the Wing Coaster at Six Flags (it would be unique for the SoCal market) if B&M is still being looked at for Magic Mountain.

__

My curiosity right now, is on the subject of RMC; or rather, if the DC themed single rail might be delayed if RMC is finding a issue to the current Single Rail models. Stunt Pilot and Jersey Devil have been put as closed (with the former due to the wheel, and the latter by RMC themselves as a request to SFGAdv); which leads me to wonder if they may ask Magic Mountain to hold off on publicly announcing the new coaster until RMC finds the issue. And if need; perhaps it might require relooking at track being sent to Valencia?

Last edited: