Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I could see it being a permit and inspection problem with the city as well after its fixed. I could also imagine it has to go through rigorous test before deemed operable for the public. Similiar to what El toro will face when its fixed. Hope im super wrong though. Its crazy what you miss when it becomes not available. Last minute predictions for the theme for the new 2022. Im gonna say robin ! The safe choice is wonder woman tho.

Fright Fest was announced
Sept 16th - Halloween. All 6 mazes are from before, I think 2 scare zones are new but its mainly a redo event.

Given the parks are announcing on their own this year, I wonder if they "announce" it right before the local news starts around 5

perhaps it’s going to be this week. Just not today? (Could they delayed it a few days given the Afghanistan News?
lol world politics has nothing to do with whether or not a coaster gets announced. I'm thinking they announce this next month.

No longer excited about the rumored RMC Raptor as I just got back from Fiesta Texas (first time!) and rode Wonder Woman. Wow, what a completely uncomfortable experience; the harnesses were digging into my shoulders the entire time (I’m an average sized adult). As soon as the employee pushed down to lock them in I knew the ride was going to suck.

No longer excited about the rumored RMC Raptor as I just got back from Fiesta Texas (first time!) and rode Wonder Woman. Wow, what a completely uncomfortable experience; the harnesses were digging into my shoulders the entire time (I’m an average sized adult). As soon as the employee pushed down to lock them in I knew the ride was going to suck.

Our raptor will have more comfortable restraints, as does Jersey Devil.

Btw, Wonder Woman is my #3 steel coaster so...

Last edited:
I’m still a bit surprised they have not announced anything yet.
The Six Flags parks have changed the way they announce new attractions with no "all parks" announcement anymore, partly so each park can decide when works best for them, and partly because each park isn't necessarily getting something new each year anymore so some parks may skip a year or two to save for bigger things. Overall it sounds like the park management is getting more leeway from corporate. I think Fiesta Texas is the new model for the whole chain with all kinds of improvements as well as new attractions based on what makes the most sense for their market.

The Six Flags parks have changed the way they announce new attractions with no "all parks" announcement anymore, partly so each park can decide when works best for them, and partly because each park isn't necessarily getting something new each year anymore so some parks may skip a year or two to save for bigger things. Overall it sounds like the park management is getting more leeway from corporate. I think Fiesta Texas is the new model for the whole chain with all kinds of improvements as well as new attractions based on what makes the most sense for their market.
This is the way it should be. SFMM would benefit especially from this. They would be better off just saving up for bigger additions rather than being forced to add something every year.

This is the way it should be. SFMM would benefit especially from this. They would be better off just saving up for bigger additions rather than being forced to add something every year.
I think one of the best things is seeing parks reinvesting in existing attractions when it makes sense. SFFT just did a retheme/relaunch of their Poltergeist coaster and it goes a long way to make the park better.

I'm just surprised they haven't publicized this a lot more. Who the heck even knows about this?
Magic Mountain’s social media team is kind of a joke. For example: just recently they had that big buildup for the new 2022 ride with a coaster countdown. That was almost 3 weeks ago with nothing said since. You would think they’d do the countdown and 2022 reveal back-to-back instead of waiting and killing the hype.

Visited the park today. Superman is indeed running both forwards and backwards. I did both. In fact, as I was prepping to ride forwards, the backwards side launched, and as it was coming back down, we launched, with us passing it at the curve. That was super awesome to see!

They also had a crapload of food locations open that are never usually open at all, including Twisted 'Wiches, Ace O' Cubs BBQ, and the Snack Shack in Bugs Bunny land--the later of which I have never seen open, ever.

Mask enforcement is a joke. They're supposed to be wearing masks inside, but I'd say literally 50% of the people in the main gift shop did not have a mask on at all.

But the big news: Tatsu is testing! It's still not open, but I figure it won't be too much longer now.

Magic Mountain’s social media team is kind of a joke. For example: just recently they had that big buildup for the new 2022 ride with a coaster countdown. That was almost 3 weeks ago with nothing said since. You would think they’d do the countdown and 2022 reveal back-to-back instead of waiting and killing the hype.

The countdown thing was already planned and in the can long before the announcement was delayed. I'm hearing the announcement was pushed back due to the delta variant, which would certainly over shadow the park's plans.

I have heard all announcement plans (except SFFT) are on hold until they know how bad this outbreak will get. Likely learning from Sea World's mistakes.