Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Over Georgia

Get there early and since you're not a local, you might want to spring for the Flash Pass just so you get the most out of your visit.

Flash pass is way pricey and it gets you middle of the ride..Also not good for dare devil dive i don't think. Early Head for Goliath, Dare Devil Dive , Scorcher, Superman then Batman...But as day goes so does heat and line.

Ok so I went to Six Flags over Georgia yesterday, and all I have to say is THANK GOD THAT NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!! The morning hours were great I go the first train of the day on Goliath then had a 5 minute wait for Batman and a 10 minite wait for Mindbender and come to find out after riding all those Dare Devil Dive will not be open all day so that really sucked. So then I went to Superman and waited in line for that for about 10 minutes in the probably the hottest day EVER!!! Then the stupid ride broke down when I was about to get on for 25 minutes so I took advantage and rode Scream Machine and it was a little better the last time I rode it not really a great ride, then I rode the Ninja and for some idiotic reason I rode this thing twice my neck felt like it was snapped in half by the time I got off. Now after that I rode Superman waiting for 20 minutes and finally got on, and after that I just wanted to go home because I didnt want to pay for overpriced food but I did $14 for some nachos and a water they were absoultely disgusting my school food was better than this crap. So after that I rode Acrophobia...MY GOD I wasn't to conentrated on how much my crouch hurt but I was looking at the view. Thats probably thats one of the best views on any ride i've ever seen!!! So after this every ride had a 40-60 minute wait(I'm used to never staying in line or just going on a good day to never wait in line) I just rode Goliath one more time and after this I just had to force it out and brave two more hours of this madness and I ended up riding the mine train. Thats probably one of the scariest kiddie ides i've ever ridden I was screaming like a little girl the whole time. ANd after that I rode the Cyclone, I could actually feel a diffrence on the retracking they did it really wasn't that bad and it rode really good in my opinion so after this I just met up with the rest of my group and Finally headed home and went to the Varsity for super!!!! It was an ok day at best the best part was eating at the Varsity lol

Yeah consessions are outrageous, next time I go I am packing a lunch and a cooler.
When I was there in October Dare Devil and Batman were down at the beginging of the day and by the time they opened the waits were to long. All in all I liked SFOG enough and would go again, just have to go early.

It was retracked in the off season....Yes the view is nice on Acraphobia the NUTCRACKER isn't. I warn everyone the afternoon sun is brutal at that park due to lack of shade and black asphalt. Varsity October Fade's favorite restaurant. We always do Varsity after Netherworld.

It was SO HOT I thought I wasgoing to die of a heat stroke i'm so happy to be home!!! This last expirence made me think how much Disney and Universal beats this place and thats why I'll always love the too. Idc if Disneys not adding much but all my visits sure has beat the two times ive been to Six Flags Over Georgia!!! Better food, better theming, nicer employees, and a much more memorable time!!!

Well again lets not forget you are comparing a park that is only open roughly 3 months daily and then weekends for 3 months. But as far as rides if you are a coaster fan it blows most theme parks out of the water. Also 6 flags was not designed to be a park like Universal or Disney and the ticket prices and season pass prices reflect that also.

Since Six Flags over Georgia is my home park I wanted to wake this thread up. This is the third Six Flags park built and still keeps some of that original charm. It has a great dark ride in Monster Mansion, a fine B&M hyper coaster Goliath and a free Hurricane Harbor water park. It has Fright Fest in the fall and Holiday in the Park in Nov/Dec.

The big news lately is the closing of the Dodge Cars. Six Flags says it will be replaced next year with a big new ride. The space of the ride itself is small, but there is a large unused area behind it. It looks big enough for Justice League: Battle of Metropolis. It is next to Superman so the location makes sense. The construction time frame matches the time it took to build the other Justice League rides. We were rumored to get it this year but instead got a revamped Bugs Bunny kids area and a Superfriends ride area.

I have my fingers seriously crossed for this. Men in Black: Alien Attack at Universal Studios Orlando is my favorite ride, so having a shooting dark ride 10 minutes from my house would be fantastic.

Coaster Chit Chat has an article about the new ride for 2017. Unfortunately it does not look like Justice League. Apparently the spot is too small. They think it will be a coaster, but then it is a coaster website so they might be a bit based.

Six Flags Over Georgia Project 2017 Update #1 (+Speculation!) – Coaster Chit Chat

I believe Justice League is by contract, as they have only two parks left to fufill the contract (which those two have been rumored to be Magic Mountain and Great Adventure).

While I can be wrong, it may not be a shock that they wish to extend the contract for additional parks in the coming years, although I highly doubt that.

In the article, it's also said that it's not a worlds first, but it's something that is seen from other various amusement parks; which could be something to clue in. Looking at the size of it, it can very well be a coaster. And that actually makes sense; as it is the parks big 50 next year, combined with the fact that it's been about 5 years in essence since they have gotten a major coaster.

What type of coaster, should be looked at what may of opened this past year..

I believe Justice League is by contract, as they have only two parks left to fufill the contract (which those two have been rumored to be Magic Mountain and Great Adventure).

While I can be wrong, it may not be a shock that they wish to extend the contract for additional parks in the coming years, although I highly doubt that.

In the article, it's also said that it's not a worlds first, but it's something that is seen from other various amusement parks; which could be something to clue in. Looking at the size of it, it can very well be a coaster. And that actually makes sense; as it is the parks big 50 next year, combined with the fact that it's been about 5 years in essence since they have gotten a major coaster.

What type of coaster, should be looked at what may of opened this past year..
Only two parks left on the JL contract? That's sad. Another coaster would be fresh addition, but JL was the only addition I would have really looked forward to. To have something even remotely like MIB nearby would have made my day.

It looks like they may be getting an S&S Free Spin (4D) coaster:
ctH2UGm.jpg

I believe it's just under 1000 p/h. The one they just opened at SFGAdv is doing OK most of the time, and it plays into Six Flags sales of Flash Pass to not have great capacity.

It looks like they may be getting an S&S Free Spin (4D) coaster:
ctH2UGm.jpg

*nods*

Only two parks left on the JL contract? That's sad. Another coaster would be fresh addition, but JL was the only addition I would have really looked forward to. To have something even remotely like MIB nearby would have made my day.

Considering that Over Georgia already has an family dark ride, there really isn't a need to do something like this for Georgia.

Plus, they haven't had a thrill coaster since 2011; and it would actually make sense to do it for your 50th.

*nods*

Considering that Over Georgia already has an family dark ride, there really isn't a need to do something like this for Georgia.

Plus, they haven't had a thrill coaster since 2011; and it would actually make sense to do it for your 50th.
It would be nice to see more dark rides, but that is just wishful thinking. The last few years of ride additions have been kid rides or kid friendly rides. A new thrill ride is needed and a good way to celebrate 50 years.