Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Over Georgia

I have to wonder if there may be a surprise or two coming in the announcements for the Six Flags parks on Thursday. There were a few shakeups in Six Flags management this week and over the past few months the majority shareholders of the company have changed. I expect we'll see some changes in strategy coming soon as well.

I have to wonder if there may be a surprise or two coming in the announcements for the Six Flags parks on Thursday. There were a few shakeups in Six Flags management this week and over the past few months the majority shareholders of the company have changed. I expect we'll see some changes in strategy coming soon as well.
Haven't been able to find any information on this. If you could provide a link about the management changes I would appreciate it.

There hasn't been anything public yet, but it's happening right now. I know the new CEO who took over from Jim Reid-Anderson is making a few moves of GMs and other things.

Late night SFoG posts for tomorrow's announcement. No clue what the first one means. Second one is a play on the fact that it is a dark ride so the announcement will be while it is still dark. Cute.

Could this be the Walking Dead dark ride that was talked about a while ago? I'm not too familiar with The Walking Dead, but is it set ten years into the future? I know it was based in Georgia so a ride based on the series in Georgia would make sense.

Could this be the Walking Dead dark ride that was talked about a while ago? I'm not too familiar with The Walking Dead, but is it set ten years into the future? I know it was based in Georgia so a ride based on the series in Georgia would make sense.
No. It's Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. A county permit specifically said Justice League. The only real doubt was whether or not this was the dark ride or if Six Flags is going to put in a roller coaster and just call it Justice League.

All the references to a dark ride pretty much put that debate to rest. Some sites are already saying they have inside information that it is the justice league dark ride.

That's awesome. Good addition to the park.

They seem to have purchased stuff in 3's this year:

Last edited:
Spent Labor Day at SFoG. First time there this year. I took my nephew, niece and a friend of hers. They are 12, 13 and 14. We didn't do any of the kids ride areas but the improvements on Bugs Bunny Boomtown were good.

The Super Friends area was not impressive, but it did add life to the center of the park, removed the decaying dolphin show area and has some great music. The shops around this area are all carrying DC merchandise now. Six Flags is doubling down on the DC license. I would not be surprised if DC makes up over half of Six Flags merchandise sales. A homestyle restaurant in the Peachtree area nearby has been redone as a sports bar, complete with a real bar off to the side. They even have an old Atlanta Thrashers hockey jersey on the wall.

Biggest trouble was food and drink. They are really pushing the refill bottles and the season dining pass. This has increased concessions demand but many locations were closed. The ones open had long and very slow lines. There were very few lines for just getting refills, so those clogged up the food lines.

Ninja was redone as Blue Hawk. It looks better and has much better cars. It has improved the ride, but not enough. I felt my neck pop during the ride. Won't be doing that again.

The VR on Dare Devil Dive is impractical. They took a low capacity coaster and now the wait time is doubled. They have extra staff watching the gear as the car moves to the vertical lift. Just not worth the wait.

Apparently Warner Brothers is really pushing the DC stuff hoping to emulate Disney's success with Marvel. They have been working with Six Flags to aggressively add more DC themed things to the parks. Look at how many of next year's additions are utilizing DC characters including Wonder Woman to capitalize on the new movie coming out.

Apparently Warner Brothers is really pushing the DC stuff hoping to emulate Disney's success with Marvel. They have been working with Six Flags to aggressively add more DC themed things to the parks. Look at how many of next year's additions are utilizing DC characters including Wonder Woman to capitalize on the new movie coming out.
Between DC and Looney Toons Six Flags looks more and more like a Warner Bros park. At one point Warner held a 50% stake in Six Flags but now owns none of it. Meanwhile, Six Flags has dropped most other IPs.

Most of the Six Flags parks were bought over the years. SFoG is one of the three parks actually built by Six Flags.

The management changes are now hitting the news. This is from Screamscape:

now that everything is public we can share some of the latest upper park management shifts at Six Flags that took place over the past couple of weeks. The chain reaction started with the John Fitzgerald, park President of Six Flags Great Adventure, who has resigned "for personal reasons".
Replacing Fitzgerald as the new President of Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor will be Neal Thurman, who was previously the President of Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Thurman has moved around the chain quite a bit over his career, having served previously at Six Flags Magic Mountain (Dir. Operations) and before that Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and Six Flags over Georgia.
Meanwhile the President office at Six Flags Fiesta Texas will be filled by a good friend of ours... Jeffrey Siebert, who was previously the park's Marketing Director and before coming to Fiesta Texas had also worked for Schlitterbahn and Paramount's Kings Island.

SFoG will be replacing the VR experience on Daredevil Dive with Rage of the Gargoyles VR for Fright Fest. Banners have been up in the park about this for a while now.