Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I go every May for 10 to 14 days and the sun is just setting as the park is closing.

Sorry, apparently it's only USF that's open late through August. IoA is open late for Spring Break time and drops back down before Summer.

Still, it has no reason to be open late during those times. Not until they're given a reason to.

Sorry, apparently it's only USF that's open late through August. IoA is open late for Spring Break time and drops back down before Summer.

Still, it has no reason to be open late during those times. Not until they're given a reason to.
Hopefully Kong & Hulk attendance jumps will persuade them to extend hours. A pity they close so early. On a couple of autumn season days I was able to get in about 15-30 minutes of dark time in the park. It was absolutely beautiful.

Hopefully Kong & Hulk attendance jumps will persuade them to extend hours. A pity they close so early. On a couple of autumn season days I was able to get in about 15-30 minutes of dark time in the park. It was absolutely beautiful.

Attendance isn't the issue. It's that a lot of people head out at 5/6PM. Been an issue for a long time. It's why I assume they're hesitant to invest in a nighttime show.

And yea, IoA is open till 8-ish during HHN, which is a good way to see the park at night if you're not a HHN person

Attendance isn't the issue. It's that a lot of people head out at 5/6PM. Been an issue for a long time. It's why I assume they're hesitant to invest in a nighttime show.

And yea, IoA is open till 8-ish during HHN, which is a good way to see the park at night if you're not a HHN person

Well, that speaks for the issue of not having enough to do in the park...of course that will change in a couple of years..Even kong adds 30 min to an hour to the overall IOA experience

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog

Hopefully, with all of these on site hotel rooms things may change in the future. One big thing I noticed about the Studios is that since they opened Diagon, there's significantly more people watching the Cinematic night show than there were previously. Before Diagon, we would usually only see enough people to be lined up along the lake sporadically or one deep except for the area near Mels, on the lake, that's always crowded. But since Diagon the area gets packed many rows deep all around the lake, at least the times we go, and we're not there during peak times. It may take awhile, but perhaps the tendencies are a changing, albeit at a less than rapid pace.....And Shiekra makes a good point.

12079123_10201368974822918_3751954934727483790_n.jpg

Another view of Kong's night lighting courtesy of a friend.

A nighttime show at IOA should theoretically help in keeping people in the park.

Of course, that hasn't been the case at USF, but very, very few people actually know that CineSpec is a thing having worked as a yellow shirt for awhile in USF. Talking with people, they simply don't know.

Reactions: Ryno27
A few things give me real pause about this attraction.

The ride vehicles and the extended queue will have views of each other. Imagine being on this vehicle and part way into the ride you can look over and see all the people waiting in the queue.

Riding the vehicle, one will be able to turn their head back over their right shoulder and see the temple entirely just outside of load. Talk about blowing the gig.

Finally, that tiny hole behind the gates which the vehicle enters into. Why didn't they make the hole at least half the height of the doors? Right now, when the doors open, I think it looks really silly and inadequate.

Phew... I have been itching to say this for some time...

Is there room for foliage or a wall between the extended queue and the outside vehicle path? I know the area between is narrow but a wall or some tall ornamental grass could block that view. Seems that vehicle will be so crowded and packed with people (72) that if you turn your head you'll probably just be seeing all those people crammed in next to you. If the outdoor section is interesting enough, most people wouldn't bother looking back. Just some random thoughts. I don't know if they have much merit until we see the finished product.

Reactions: Ryno27
A few things give me real pause about this attraction.

Finally, that tiny hole behind the gates which the vehicle enters into. Why didn't they make the hole at least half the height of the doors? Right now, when the doors open, I think it looks really silly and inadequate.
always thought the same thing.

Is there room for foliage or a wall between the extended queue and the outside vehicle path? I know the area between is narrow but a wall or some tall oriental grass could block that view.

No room at all. Best they could do is a solid wall of bamboo poles side by side along the inside of the wall next to the queue.

Plants in this attraction are some kind of no-no as they want it to appear desolate and void of life. That's a noble quest, but it doesn't work here in this overly tight ride path.

And that netting... it looks brand new from Home Depot. No dirt and stains. What's that all about? Faux animal or human skins would have worked better.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Nico
No room at all. Best they could do is a solid wall of bamboo poles side by side along the inside of the wall next to the queue.

Plants in this attraction are some kind of no-no as they want it to appear desolate and void of life. That's a noble quest, but it doesn't work here in this overly tight ride path.

And that netting... it looks brand new from Home Depot. No dirt and stains. What's that all about? Faux animal or human skins would have worked better.
How long, time wise, do you think the outside portion of the ride will be. One minute outside and five minutes inside? Or two minute outside, four minutes inside? Or some other combination?

How long, time wise, do you think the outside portion of the ride will be. One minute outside and five minutes inside? Or two minute outside, four minutes inside? Or some other combination?

One minute probably... I am just guessing that they are counting in load and unload to pace the vehicles for each scene. That load, combined with the outside will balance with the the longer other scenes inside. But that is just a guess.

Last edited: