Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know sorry I've just been dying for an answer, I guess I couldn't help but trying to ask one more time. :(

Sorry, but you are going to have to wait 3 more months to find out. Fine details like that are rarely known and even if they are, those people have vowed to not say another word about the project. So wait that short period of time and focus your mind on some other project OR, enjoy what you can see. I know I do and I am the bastard of details on this site. :)

Sorry, but you are going to have to wait 3 more months to find out. Fine details like that are rarely known and even if they are, those people have vowed to not say another word about the project. So wait that short period of time and focus your mind on some other project.
Thank you much apreciated!

Reactions: Ryno27
Finally made it back this weekend. I don't have anything else to add other than this shot from Thunder Falls. I thought about trying to bribe the stilt walker guy to take a few shots for me.

What new outfits have they devised with that guy at the bottom of the picture. It looks like he has plants in his hat, very on safari. Has anyone seen these? Is it Kong only or new basic JP attire? Can someone grab a picture?

^ Yeah, a part of me wonders if it was left open to hype the attraction. If so, the plan more than succeeded.

On another note, I don't believe this twitter has been posted yet. It's fun and very new.

Looking at it like this, it actually looks smaller than I thought. I'm sure it won't take away from it, but my perception was way off.

What new outfits have they devised with that guy at the bottom of the picture. It looks like he has plants in his hat, very on safari. Has anyone seen these? Is it Kong only or new basic JP attire? Can someone grab a picture?

Neither. That's just some random person outside the wall. Kong Comissioning wardrobe is jeans and a safety vest and operational costumes haven't arrived yet as far as I've heard.

Looking at it like this, it actually looks smaller than I thought. I'm sure it won't take away from it, but my perception was way off.

My curiosity is the long projection tunnel. From the track layout posted it exists much as it does in California. The vehicles aren't nearly as long as the tube as the trams are in CA so I'm puzzled as to how it'll be utilized. Maybe there's technically two distinct scenes in the tunnel with a show door in between?

My curiosity is the long projection tunnel. From the track layout posted it exists much as it does in California. The vehicles aren't nearly as long as the tube as the trams are in CA so I'm puzzled as to how it'll be utilized. Maybe there's technically two distinct scenes in the tunnel with a show door in between?

Its a fair point. I think the biggest difference between the two is in the Hollywood version the vehicle was stationary during the screen time. With such a shorter vehicle I would think they will have it moving even if very slowly.

I found it tough to believe this whole loop can meet guest per hour demands in there is only one screen segment where the vehicle stops.

Teebin said the tunnel screen will be smaller than the one in Hollywood since the vehicles themselves are significantly shorter.

This. Also, Teebin stated there are actually two stop points. So they will be able to have a good amount of vehicles on the track at one time with 72 people in each vehicle. It should have decent capacity based on all of that.

This. Also, Teebin stated there are actually two stop points. So they will be able to have a good amount of vehicles on the track at one time with 72 people in each vehicle. It should have decent capacity based on all of that.
Yeah, I think this is going to have monster capacity. Of course, just about every major attraction Universal has done recently (Transformers, FJ, Gringotts, HE) has huge capacity. Only DM, which was really just a redo of an existing attraction & not an E ticket, has poor capacity.

Yeah, I think this is going to have monster capacity. Of course, just about every major attraction Universal has done recently (Transformers, FJ, Gringotts, HE) has huge capacity. Only DM, which was really just a redo of an existing attraction & not an E ticket, has poor capacity.

Agreed, all new attractions have high capacity because they need it. DM I feel was a mistake, they should have started over because having such a low capacity with a high demand IP was a disaster.

Agreed, all new attractions have high capacity because they need it. DM I feel was a mistake, they should have started over because having such a low capacity with a high demand IP was a disaster.
I think calling Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem a "disaster" is reaching.

I actually think it was the opposite. DM, and Transformers were thought of as "roadblock" attractions to stop literally everyone rushing back to Diagon by the time it opened. It was meant to "trap" people and keep them in line. That may seem a bit mean, but honestly it's something Uni kind of lacks.

Nearly all their attractions eat people up and spit them out. They actually kind of need smaller capacity stuff that keeps people in line and off the streets.

I actually think it was the opposite. DM, and Transformers were thought of as "roadblock" attractions to stop literally everyone rushing back to Diagon by the time it opened. It was meant to "trap" people and keep them in line. That may seem a bit mean, but honestly it's something Uni kind of lacks.

Nearly all their attractions eat people up and spit them out. They actually kind of need smaller capacity stuff that keeps people in line and off the streets.

I get the whole eat people and I agree with transformers. But when it comes to DM, that is a VERY popular IP and many people skip right past it because it always seems to have 100+ minute waits. The ride is good, don't get me wrong. But the waits are awful. Even on a not as crowded days that ride has long waits. It also is an awful line to wait in because it is all outside and while covered, still can be hot, not much to look at and it is a move, stop for 10 years, and move again type of line. Where rides like transformers moves all the time making time fly a bit more.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I get the whole eat people and I agree with transformers. But when it comes to DM, that is a VERY popular IP and many people skip right past it because it always seems to have 100+ minute waits. The ride is good, don't get me wrong. But the waits are awful. Even on a not as crowded days that ride has long waits. It also is an awful line to wait in because it is all outside and while covered, still can be hot, not much to look at and it is a move, stop for 10 years, and move again type of line. Where rides like transformers moves all the time making time fly a bit more.

You're mixing two different things I said. I'm not saying TF and DM have similar style waits, was just saying they were meant as roadblocks.

I am agreeing DM has long waits. I'm just saying that might not be the worst thing in the world.

And if people skipped long lines, Soarin, Test Track, and TSMM would never have lines. :lol:

Yes, I remember reading that at the time. Those two, along with the Springfield redo around the same time, keep people spread around the park, thus relieving Diagon/London somewhat.

Sorry, but you are going to have to wait 3 more months to find out. Fine details like that are rarely known and even if they are, those people have vowed to not say another word about the project. So wait that short period of time and focus your mind on some other project OR, enjoy what you can see. I know I do and I am the bastard of details on this site. :)

There it is folks, opening day = June 1! ;) :bolt:

You're mixing two different things I said. I'm not saying TF and DM have similar style waits, was just saying they were meant as roadblocks.

I am agreeing DM has long waits. I'm just saying that might not be the worst thing in the world.

And if people skipped long lines, Soarin, Test Track, and TSMM would never have lines. :lol:

I get what you are saying, just don't like it :) Mainly because my daughter loves those minions and that is the only ride I end up waiting in a line in all of Orlando :) So it is my painful point lol

I get what you are saying, just don't like it :) Mainly because my daughter loves those minions and that is the only ride I end up waiting in a line in all of Orlando :) So it is my painful point lol

Uni needs like 3-4 more rides like this in the park. I'm guessing the Nintendo rides will be like this, as I don't think they'll have large capacities

Reactions: Mike S and Fatality
Status
Not open for further replies.