Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is definitely the best place to find various opinions on attractions from fan boys who have never even ridden said attractions... pages and pages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quint
There's a Team Member "expo" happening April 6th with info on the ride and how it was made. Not a real preview so to speak from what i can tell, but rather "booths" from the various departments behind it. There's apparently prizes to be had too. Takes place in soundstage 33.
They do these "expos" for all the major lands and attractions (i.e. they just did one for both WWoHP lands a few months ago). Basically each department (operations, merch, food and bev, etc.) gets their own little booth and they educate park employees on what they offer to guests in that specific area. I will make sure to attend the Kong expo, but don't expect anything not already known to be learned there, apart from possibly employee preview dates.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Wow, quite the debate got started. Fascinating.

Entertainment while we all lick our chops for the next juicy milestone !

A n d .... yet another robotic character that I did not know about. This one is a real surprise and will send some of you guy-boys over the top if it is successful.

(the reason I didn't know about months ago is SO plausible and hilarious! It was right there in plain sight all along!)

Pleeeeeeeeeeese let it be creepy worm creature.

Pleeeeeeeeeeese let it be creepy worm creature.
Yes please! Love the original 30s Kong. Cinematic classic. I always wished the spider pit/insect sequence was there. I'm also a massive fan of the 05 Peter Jackson version and the spider/pit insect sequence is so unnerving if it makes it into the ride I will hide below the bench seats.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
A n d .... yet another robotic character that I did not know about. This one is a real surprise and will send some of you guy-boys over the top if it is successful.

(the reason I didn't know about months ago is SO plausible and hilarious! It was right there in plain sight all along!)
Godzilla Vs Kong confirmed. Yesssssss /s

Reactions: Ryan and Cheezbat

Crossing my fingers for a dinosaur. The Jurassic World Exhibition dinos are just so good.

Reactions: Ryno27
I realize Im a few pages late...but I'd say the reason SDMT "disappointed" a lot of people was due to it's length and layout. The coaster portion is way too short, as is the sole dark scene. It fails on both levels, as a fun coaster and as a dark ride. So it ends up being just another ride that failed to live up to past Disney attractions. It also took them a very, very long time to build. Which didn't help matters.

I don't see why they would have to renovate an old attraction just because a new attraction has dinos.

I think he means that if they up the standard in Kong they should do it on River Adventure, but not at the same time.

There are obviously many different design considerations for the different environments the AA would be in.

That being said, the TRex dino in the river adventure has failed to impress for a while now.....

Reactions: JoeCamel