Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always assumed you wouldn't be able to see much of the temple facade unless your on the ride. I thought I read that most of the area will be hidden away with landscaping so people on the attraction won't see the outside world.

How many attractions at UOR have a single riders queue that enters near or next to the ride exit? I can only think of Spider Man.

Does Dragon Challenge still do it like Dueling Dragons sometimes did? Men in Black did too when it would route you by the child swap?

It's been years since I've done either as single rider.

It's in the same vein as the dragon atop Gringotts... I hate it, but when I see how popular it is with the general public, I must acquiesce.
I dislike the static dragon, but every time it breathes fire it's amazing. Seeing everyone run to catch it really makes the entrance to Gringotts an attraction itself.
A good example is how people think the LC is the LOTR or 'Game of Thrones' area of the park
People say that? :saywhat:

I really can't wait until they take down those walls! Still, I wish we had some peak into the attraction. I know with Forbidden Journey we got to see snake heads and the slight view of the dome screens, and Gringotts we saw the insertion of the ride vehicles. I guess with the position it's in, it's easy for Universal to hide things more.

Someone mind camping out at one of the hotels across the street for the next few months? :p

Did he mistype that? Why would there be a special exit when there are only special entrances. Everyone uses the same exit.
No, you have to go through the arcade exit route to access single rider. It makes you feel you are doing something wrong by using it

No, you have to go through the arcade exit route to access single rider. It makes you feel you are doing something wrong by using it

It really does, it's also quite easy to miss the signage if you don't know the location well.

As a bonus though, the line is often much shorter than I feel it would be if it was alongside the main line.

I don't understand why people just about everyone doesn't use single rider on such rides....who you are sitting next to is not important - same for a rollercoaster.

Other rides which put you closer together or in smaller spaces together is a different thing and I can see that's not for everyone.

I don't understand why people just about everyone doesn't use single rider on such rides....who you are sitting next to is not important - same for a rollercoaster.

I generally avoid it for two reasons: ride photos and better selection of seating arrangements. With single rider, you're going to have to ride where there is space. With standby, you can occasionally ask for a specific spot.

I generally avoid it for two reasons: ride photos and better selection of seating arrangements. With single rider, you're going to have to ride where there is space. With standby, you can occasionally ask for a specific spot.

And for gringotts you're missing a massive chunk of the experience.

I go to Universal after school a lot by myself (I take classes at the UCF Rosen campus on Universal Blvd) so single riders is the way to go for me. Especially for Transformers, love the single rider line for that ride.

Guys...this thing is gonna be unlike anything at the resort. After hearing a full run-down of what this thing's gonna be like I'm actually more excited than when all I knew were the clues dropped on this thread.

In theory and hope, yeah. I am still waiting for a vendor or two or even three to drop the ball. I am even waiting for UC to drop the ball.

I was mortified that the velociraptors were delivered three days before they were to go live, so the idea of Gringotts happening all over again remains true to me.

If that ride vehicle isn't on track and running near constantly by February... then I will be concerned. Keep your eyes peeled.

Reactions: Cole
For you newer members here, let me repost what the ride tech for this attraction will be based on. Yes, VDL has been involved with the project, with the only difference being that Kong will be 100% electric.

In theory and hope, yeah. I am still waiting for a vendor or two or even three to drop the ball. I am even waiting for UC to drop the ball.

I was mortified that the velociraptors were delivered three days before they were to go live, so the idea of Gringotts happening all over again remains true to me.

If that ride vehicle isn't on track and running near constantly by February... then I will be concerned. Keep your eyes peeled.

Wouldn't the velociraptors technically be entertainments issue since it was their project?

I remember all of the horror stories before Gringotts opened though, and the first few weeks of opening..crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.