Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ahh makes perfect sense.

Well hopefully Kong doesn't get hurt by Universal's bomb in the form of The Huntsman Winter's War, what a colossal screw up that was.....

(Obviously it wont I know)

70 million lost is a tough start to 2016 after an awesome 2015 though haha

Don't worry about that.

I'm still convinced that there is hydraulics on this vehicle making it shake about far more than natural.

Maybe the AAs won't look so bad with 3D glasses on, ha.

The vehicles use an air dampening system for suspension, fairly rigid though with minimal movement. Not enough to provide the jerking desired during the screen scene.
UC would of needed to request and customize the raw VDL chassis a lot more to account for this, which would of required big $$$ for the design changes to the base chassis.
The suspension actually works quite similar to how the floor deck is moved on Kong360 (air dampeners), which i'm sure is what they are using here also on the screen scene.

The majority of the movement you're seeing is just the natural oscillation of the vehicle, which I'm sure is controlled a bit but fixed not adjusting throughout the ride.

VDL Spec.jpg

Thanks! I've been lurking through this thread, reading the first and last 15 pages, since I heard about it on Reddit last night.

Quick off topic remark and then back to Kong...

... Cassandra? Really? The look of her always creeped my out (a little weird, but hey...). I can't look at your avatar photo! LOL!

Quick off topic remark and then back to Kong...

... Cassandra? Really? The look of her always creeped my out (a little weird, but hey...). I can't look at your avatar photo! LOL!
I've changed it now, just for you (and to match your avatar)! Originally it defaulted to my face, and Cassandra was the only image I had handy!

Reactions: Stitch_101
They still have Jaws parking, yes?

Kept Kong all these years... maybe that's a sign? :tongue:
Am I missing something??? Of course there is a sign!

jaws_37.jpg

I doubt the AAs will be remove and it's harder than just "put a seat in" to add live spielers.
I've been trying to think of solutions for the AA drivers problem. It seems the easiest thing to do with the ride type would be to have mounted monitors like in the tram tour at USH so the passengers can see a live feed of the driver who's more tucked away. This obviously doesn't work because of the ride's 1930's setting, but what if there was an extra large rear view mirror like on Kilamanjaro that actually was projection tech? Record all five actor's sections and hide away the AA's behind glass as some have suggested' yet give the audience something tangible to look at in the front of the vehicle. Horizons and T2 come to mind with that design trick.

Reactions: Ryno27
To be honest I'm hoping the AAs we are seeing in the vehicles now, are still stand in AAs.

Even with the limited view we have seen so far, they look cheesy as hell, It doesn't take much to visually differentiate a new tech versus 60's POTC AA anymore.

And if what I see now is it i think we are seeing the budget portion of the ride, and it sounds like UC is already getting called on it by their own staff.

All my own speculation, but AA is at a high standard now, it would be a shame for them to cut the corner here...

Reactions: Ryno27
Untrue. Twitter had a selfie stick video a week or so ago for about a day before getting taken down peeking over the wall with an RV going by. It was quite telling, probably why it was taken down.

And I don't need to see it any closer if it's confirmed TMs on the vehicle are disappointed?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn