Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy interior rockwork... just got to see some pictures that made Gringotts look like kid's play. There will be no lack of physical sets in this ride at all!

That being said...

I love how mad you guys get. Its theme park talk lol relax. Life is too short to get worked up over things that are meant to be fun :)

Could have sworn I said move on?

Leave the Screen talk to the appropriate thread.

I'm not worked up. It's just gets old to come back to a thread expecting some pics or updates just to see pages of SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNZZZZZ!
There was just an update last night and if we're being honest, I didn't even bring it up. It actually started because you responded to Cole's post about screens/3D from last night. Not blaming you, but you were the one who brought it up this morning.

I'm not sure I follow that hydraulics line of thinking @Teebin - I don't doubt what you've heard, it just seems to contradict what's done in practice. I know Disney primarily uses hydraulics for its A-100's with compliance, and obviously Uni has flirted with the concept with Imhotep I. Hydraulics tend to result in smoother, more believable motion, just with greater maintenance costs.

Then again, there was that incident with Tiffany a few years back where she did spew something at guests...

I'm not sure I follow that hydraulics line of thinking @Teebin - I don't doubt what you've heard, it just seems to contradict what's done in practice. I know Disney primarily uses hydraulics for its A-100's with compliance, and obviously Uni has flirted with the concept with Imhotep I. Hydraulics tend to result in smoother, more believable motion, just with greater maintenance costs.

Then again, there was that incident with Tiffany a few years back where she did spew something at guests...

If the facial expressions are as intricate as Teebin has hinted in the past, I can't see the face not using hydraulics at the very least

Reactions: Clive and Nick
I'd have to imagine hydraulics or some sort of advanced technology will be used if it's gonna be the big guy that we're expecting.

I believe that a discussion on here years ago about spider-man is where I was told about hydraulics not being used on that vehicle due to safety. The big problem I see with actuators being used on Kong's face is that they are so friggin noisy!

Teebin, I just wanted take a moment to thank you, in particular, and all the other insiders, who consistently bring joy to us theme park fans. Your collective posts chock full of intriguing content bring a smile to our faces and make the day go by easier.

Thanks for sharing as it is much appreciated. And most of all, thanks for allowing us to dream about the future. Well done sir.

Fun fact: if a hydraulics line breaks and shoots at you the pressure is most likely going to force the oils through your skin into your body, requiring amputation! Thanks co-op job!

Yeeesh, not only this, I read up on hydraulic fluids today and damn is that stuff nasty. I used to own an L39 backhoe and loader and had I known I would have probably been more princess-like working it. :stun:

Ok, someone find me a hydraulic anything running near a guest area in a major theme park. Proof will be nice.

Yeeesh, not only this, I read up on hydraulic fluids today and damn is that stuff nasty. I used to own an L39 backhoe and loader and had I known I would have probably been more princess-like working it. :stun:

Ok, someone find me a hydraulic anything running near a guest area in a major theme park. Proof will be nice.

Apparently Tiffany still runs on hydraulics. Not surprising given the complexity of the effects.

Plenty of articles around the opening year of Mummy talking up Imhotep's hydraulics-based system.

Jaws sharks ran on hydraulics.

Disney stuff I'm less familiar on a technical level, but I'm sure any of their videos talking about animatronics in-depth will mention hydraulics.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Apparently Tiffany still runs on hydraulics. Not surprising given the complexity of the effects.

Plenty of articles around the opening year of Mummy talking up Imhotep's hydraulics-based system.

Jaws sharks ran on hydraulics.

Disney stuff I'm less familiar on a technical level, but I'm sure any of their videos talking about animatronics in-depth will mention hydraulics.

Disney runs on a mix, with the closest to guests example being the IJA and CTX ride vehicles. (The ones in Japan run on pneumatics)

Apparently Tiffany still runs on hydraulics. Not surprising given the complexity of the effects. Plenty of articles around the opening year of Mummy talking up Imhotep's hydraulics-based system. Jaws sharks ran on hydraulics.

Hmmm... I guess guest proximity plays a factor, as do underwater hydraulics.

Disney runs on a mix, with the closest to guests example being the IJA and CTX ride vehicles. (The ones in Japan run on pneumatics)

This baffles me, especially regarding California's strict environmental laws. Florida on the other hand is a crap hole of few laws. Talk about toxic chemical country... Thanks both of you for helping to set me straight!

Perhaps this is where you got your info testrack?

Wikipedia:
Each EMV is a motion simulator, or technically a 'full-motion chassis' because it is not under the control of the occupants, and it travels through a show building instead of enclosing occupants in a moving theater room, as in the case of Star Tours. The EMV motion base is attached by three hydraulic actuators to the frame of the chassis carrying the bulk of unsprung weight, allowing the low-mass body shell to articulate independently and rapidly with micrometer precision by incorporating a position feedback system. Three actuators are used on the chassis motion platform to position the motion base in six degrees of freedom: three thrust planes (x, y & z) with three rotational axes (pitch, roll, and yaw). A guest's physically intense experience is programmed to achieve the illusion of greater speed and catastrophic mechanical failure using the enhanced-motion vehicle's ability to add several feet of lift then rapidly descend, shudder and tremble, and intensify cornering with counter-bank and twist.

A variance on the Japanese version replaces the three hydraulic rams with linear-inductive actuators. The 35 gallons of hydraulic fluid used on the Disneyland version takes one hour to clean off the track when a hose splits. Because of Japan's environmental codes regarding oil spills,[citation needed] the Japanese design team elected to substitute electromagnetic actuators on the ride vehicle.

Yanking this back to the subject... let me look into the anim Kong's power and control. I promise to let you know!

Based on @Teebin 's video clues, and the permanent removal of the arch, it seems like its been confirmed that dinosaurs are going to feature into one scene. Especially with Jackson stating that despite extinction, dinosaurs remain on Skull Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.