Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think this attraction will be as scary as some of you are making it seem. Sorry. :lol: Unless they drop us in the insect pit.

Reactions: Cole
I am a bit reticent to share this with you as it is my feelings only and will impart no details. Just take it as possible good news.

I just found out today precisely how they will execute an element of this attraction (of which I include the queue). I thought it would be a disaster and would be removed within weeks of opening, but now... Now, I regard it as brilliant as it will be handled very cleverly with added elements that should prove quite unnerving to guests.

That is all. Just thought some of you might enjoy hearing it.

Could this have something to do with the rumored live actors used in the queue? Because that was something I read and thought "yeah, if that were to happen, it wouldn't last long."

Reactions: CTank
They should definitely make a fully articulated figure of that guy getting sucked into those giant worm things.
That image still makes me sick, good lord. I don't think we'll know till we see. Obviously it won't be HHN scary but then again I think jaws and FJ are terrifying so if it's anything on those levels then probably. Skull island certainly has the potiental

Reactions: captainmoch
That image still makes me sick, good lord. I don't think we'll know till we see. Obviously it won't be HHN scary but then again I think jaws and FJ are terrifying so if it's anything on those levels then probably. Skull island certainly has the potiental
I'm still scared by Revenge of the Mummy and Forbidden Journey sometimes... and it may partially be because of my fear of bugs, even if the effects are obviously fake. So if there's gigantic worm monsters in this ride, somebody tell me when so I can close my eyes! :look:

Could this have something to do with the rumored live actors used in the queue? Because that was something I read and thought "yeah, if that were to happen, it wouldn't last long."

They may just randomly trap certain tourists (like the ones still wearing magic bands even though they're not at Disney), and make them part of the queue, randomly scaring them with things...

Reactions: captainmoch
I really don't think this attraction will be as scary as some of you are making it seem. Sorry. :lol: Unless they drop us in the insect pit.

You could well be right! It all depends how it all comes together. Too, I am mostly talking about everyones first time through. My first time on many Orlando dark rides terrified me, even spider man and falling to the pavement.

Of course, once ridden we all know what to expect and will never be scared again. So be sure to remember your first time!

I am a bit reticent to share this with you as it is my feelings only and will impart no details. Just take it as possible good news.

I just found out today precisely how they will execute an element of this attraction (of which I include the queue). I thought it would be a disaster and would be removed within weeks of opening, but now... Now, I regard it as brilliant as it will be handled very cleverly with added elements that should prove quite unnerving to guests.

That is all. Just thought some of you might enjoy hearing it.
It would be so cool if the natives captured one of the female would be passengers to use as the sacrifice for Kong. Then she would appear later in the attraction as part of an action scene. Fay Wray lives, dies, or whatever.:shh:

You could well be right! It all depends how it all comes together. Too, I am mostly talking about everyones first time through. My first time on many Orlando dark rides terrified me, even spider man and falling to the pavement.

Of course, once ridden we all know what to expect and will never be scared again. So be sure to remember your first time!

That IS true. I screamed all the way through my first ride on FJ. I remember seeing the 6-8 year old kids spilling out into Filch's wondering how the hell they managed.

What time period will the story be? Are we talking 1930's or modern day?

"At Universal’s Islands of Adventure®, a mysterious island is rising where guests will join a 1930s expedition for a savage, earthshaking adventure. Surrounded by an onslaught of unspeakable beasts and raging prehistoric predators, an ape of unimaginable size hurls himself between them and certain doom. As the gargantuan beasts fight for dominance, their expedition will just fight to survive.

With each primal roar. Each chest pounding thud. One thundering truth comes clear: This is his island, his home, his kingdom. Only he reigns. Skull Island: Reign of Kong. A Multi-Sensory. Multi-Dimensional Ride."

Yes, santa kong needs to return lol. That's so exciting to hear, this will definitely be a first ride to remember. I'm also so happy it's set in the 30's. It'll be truer to the story, have better ascetics, the skippers won't pull out big weapons, just a perfect fit. This is kinda like universal's jungle cruise in more ways than one, that excites me

Makes me think, what is the view from Dudley's like?

Will all the trees block the view?
I actually rode Ripsaw Falls yesterday! You can't really see much, there's a brief period where you can see all of the ground floor, but then it's immediately covered up by scenery from Dudley Do Right.

Reactions: Jon84
We went to IoA yesterday.

Saw a part of the rockwork painted blue. Any thoughts?

2015-08-24 15.42.03 copy.jpg

Also, DBF pointed out the show building and was betting they are going to leave it as is once the ride opens. Not as noticeable as the FJ show building, but still visible.

2015-08-24 15.42.29 red line.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.