Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

72 seats? No way that's a single truck. Two trucks buckled together maybe, tram tour- or Gringotts-style, but based on the concept art, 72 can't fit in there. 36, I can see though.

So with indoor and outdoor segments, and a ride vehicle like that, this is a driverless and trackless system?

Where'd you read it's 72 seats?

I really hope the live actor tour guides are kept in the final version of this ride.

:look:

72 seats? No way that's a single truck. Two trucks buckled together maybe, tram tour- or Gringotts-style, but based on the concept art, 72 can't fit in there. 36, I can see though.

That was the old plans... this is 48 or a few more depending on small children.

Last edited:
Not impressed with the ride vehicles. They look like the Kilaminjaro Safari vehicles from Animal Kingdom. I was hoping for something more 'open'. These things look they will suck for people riding in the middle of the rows.

Aside from that, the concept art looks pretty cool. Hope the final product turns out as good as we all hope.

Not impressed with the ride vehicles. They look like the Kilaminjaro Safari vehicles from Animal Kingdom. I was hoping for something more 'open'. These things look they will suck for people riding in the middle of the rows.

Aside from that, the concept art looks pretty cool. Hope the final product turns out as good as we all hope.

If there happens to be a massive AA Kong in there, it'll be visible for just about anyone :thumbs:

Where'd you read it's 72 seats?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/...-at-universals-islands-adventure-next-summer/

Riding in the largest vehicle ever created for this type of attraction by Universal—an oversized 72-seat truck-- guests will enter the multi-faceted trip through a 70-foot high wall into the depths of Kong’s jungle. Though West wouldn’t give exact specifications on the size of the attraction, he noted that it will contain indoor and outdoor segments and is gearing up to be one of the biggest facilities ever built by the entertainment giant.

Been the scardey cat I am, how intense will this ride be? Kind of like forbidden journey?

It looks absolutely brilliant though.

Orlando business journal asked about 3d

"Any features from Universal Hollywood King Kong 360 coming over? We have 3-D imagery. But, in the context of Hollywood, it was used out there as part of the film. Ours isn't film. It's about creating an environment with great 3-D imagery, but with a whole new facet to it. I call it "multi-experiential."

God the wait was so worth it, I'm seriously so overwhelmed with what they showed that my big fat mouth is finally at a loss for words. This is everything the park, resort and the overall theme park industry needed. One of my favorite things ever is being turned into a ride and it's being done in the biggest scale possible. A literal dream come true

So will we need 3D Glasses? Or do they mean 3D in the sense of depth Like FBJ.
Also not to sound like a downer , I would've loved to see more concept art lol.

"Any features from Universal Hollywood King Kong 360 coming over? We have 3-D imagery. But, in the context of Hollywood, it was used out there as part of the film. Ours isn't film. It's about creating an environment with great 3-D imagery, but with a whole new facet to it. I call it "multi-experiential."

Like layers of screens to create a real stream of depth? Phenominal

Again, gonna be something we've never seen before

so...no screens?