Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Observations...

1. The vehicles having roofs worries me. No one is going to want to sit in the middle.
2. This ride looks like it will be 10 times better at night.
3. Hopefully that CGI hopefully is not the final product.
4. Those concept arts were outstanding. But concept art always is.
5. Interesting quote "Ours isn't film."
6. 72 riders per vehicle. Woah! Awesome.

People, there will be screens and they will be 3D. That was marketing jibberish in the Biz Journal.

That said, this ride will be 70% sets and 30% screens, even though one screen is massive.

well it sounds like it won't be just a expansion of Kong 3D in USC, but a whole new ride. This is exciting for sure.

This may well end up being the best ride/attraction in Orlando. My favorite quote from West is "I do know it will be one of the longest rides we've ever done". There will be plenty of time to experience & see everything instead of being rushed trough a quick 2 to 4 minute ride. Sounds absolutely fantastic... ...One point. Perhaps we should take up a collection to send Brian out of town more often. Maybe we'll get more of these great announcements from Universal. LOL

West described this as "very different" from that ride, and although crew members will be driving the vehicle they won't be the wise-cracking guides found on the '90s rides at the theme park.

"It's not a Jaws kind of attraction," he said.

I guess that answers that...?

Here's some screenshots from the video along with a couple images on the site:

kong_spider.jpg

kong_dinos.jpg

kong_trex1.jpg

kong_trex2.jpg

kong_eyes.jpg

kong-featured-900x563.jpg

340-poster-blog.jpg

Even though there is a T. rex battle, it looks like a completely new version, separate from the Hollywood 360 version. This pleases me.