Made it over to soft open last night. Always hard to judge after a single, hyped up ride, but willing to call it a solid double, just not a home run.
- The queue. Amazing level of detail and atmosphere. The witch AA is so fluid I thought at first she was a Peppers Ghost. Dark and foreboding. Somewhere between FJ and PotC, which is high praise indeed.
- The facade. Both on the pathway and as you enter the cave. Beautiful rockwork.
- The smell of peat in the cave.
- The main 3D "tunnel." First experience with it, worked very well. Better than most "screenz" attractions. You can tell some seats better than others, but overall it sold the illusion to me.
- Kong himself. Just impressive, life-like. I do miss the banana breath tho.
- The drivers. You barely get an introduction to their back stories, then barely see or hear them thru the ride. It's not that they don't work as much as they are irrelevant. I'd almost rather they went with live drivers or a projection and saved that money for...
- The first two scenes. If there are AAs, I didn't notice them. Neither of these screen scenes felt like it matched up to the tunnel, and both heavily favor one side of the vehicle for viewing. TBH, I'd have rather had some AAs and more suspense-building, less action.