Sky Trolley - Love it or Hate it? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Sky Trolley - Love it or Hate it?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sky Trolley - Love it or Hate it?

• Love It

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Hate It

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • It's OK

Votes: 46 64.8%

• Total voters
I wouldn't waste more than a 5 minute wait time on this ride due the shortness and pointless story of the ride. But, it is relaxing and gives you some cool views of IOA. My daughter enjoys it too. I guess it's OK if you have young kids.

Exceptional theme in the queue, combined with great views of the Islands. This is not worth more than a 10 minute wait, but still worth going if you never have before. Keep your video camera out and get some nice panoramics.

Good theming IMO. Wife loves it. Wait times are usually way to long.

Most important, it's a great ride for taking pictures of the surrounding area.

I like it to do it once just to see the things that you normally wouldn't be able to see unless you rode.

I'd love it if it was just a one track ride and not a two track ride. It would be such an improvement and would give a longer more enjoyable experience worthy of those crazy wait times I see in the summer sometimes.

Summertime?! It's been hovering around 35-60 mins on my last several visits. I was a little shocked :lol:

Ive ridden once back when it first opened and it just so happened that the restraint was just a tad bit too tight for the southern region etc...so not necessarily a very good experience. Don't remember much about it.

What ride was there before????

What ride was there before????

Nothing. It was originally announced as "Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Incredible Driving Machines". But the track and emergency evacuation ability of the ride wasn't up to code, so the ride didn't open. They added the ability to walk along the track and changed the ride to what we see now.

Nothing. It was originally announced as "Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Incredible Driving Machines". But the track and emergency evacuation ability of the ride wasn't up to code, so the ride didn't open. They added the ability to walk along the track and changed the ride to what we see now.

Very interesting. I always remember being intrigued by what exactly was up there before this opened. Never did dig into it though. I can barely remember when it opened, If I actually take time to think about the ride I can never find the entrance lol.

Not to mention the company originally behind it went bankrupt before they could finish :lol:

The old ride system was more monorail than powered train. As such it was SIGNIFICANTLY more aesthetically pleasing than the track now. That's the only issue I have with the attraction.

Minor correction unless I missed something but it was actually titled "Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines" based on the Seuss character.

Minor correction unless I missed something but it was actually titled "Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines" based on the Seuss character.

Correct :thumbs: