Slaughter Sinema 2 (HHN 33) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Slaughter Sinema 2 (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I LOVE 3D blacklight houses and consider them a staple of Halloween haunts. I think it would also be a fun way to differentiate between this sequel and the original.
I'm one of those that hates 3d because the sets end up looking horrible lol. I hope this is not 3d. but it probably is.
I hope it has interesting characters. but the sets will look too similar to each other, they look cheap and minimalistic

Last edited:
Never having done a 3D house before I’m looking forward to giving it a go. However practically how have they worked in the past? Do you get a set of glasses to return at the end, or disposable glasses? Also, if disposable how good/bad do they work with glasses? I can’t do contacts so might have to do the house half blind - adding an extra dimension of terror! Haha

Never having done a 3D house before I’m looking forward to giving it a go. However practically how have they worked in the past? Do you get a set of glasses to return at the end, or disposable glasses? Also, if disposable how good/bad do they work with glasses? I can’t do contacts so might have to do the house half blind - adding an extra dimension of terror! Haha
3D houses typically give you disposable, prismatic glasses to you as you enter the house. They’re cardboard, and work “okay” over regular glasses if they fit.

That said, I haven’t been told the house is 3D… and it hasn’t been officially announced as 3D (which is pretty important).

I don’t actually think it’s a 3D house.

did you do the second dead exposure?
they give you these cardboard glasses, the effect looks cool but blurry. it's cool but like having fog in your glasses.
my problem is that everything is painted neon colors and the sets aren't that elaborate. looks hideous without the glasses. the masks are also like neon blue, it's technically a cool experience but very ugly.

I did the second dead exposure (zombies in Paris), and wasn’t a fan as couldn’t see where to go. I get that was kinda the point, but just found it frustrating rather than scary!

Maybe this is “3D without the 3D glasses” (I.e. normal).

3D houses typically give you disposable, prismatic glasses to you as you enter the house. They’re cardboard, and work “okay” over regular glasses if they fit.

That said, I haven’t been told the house is 3D… and it hasn’t been officially announced as 3D (which is pretty important).

I don’t actually think it’s a 3D house.
If it turns out there are there any "neon rooms" in the house before I go, I'll be packing a pair of 3D glasses from previous events just to see how they work.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
My thought on the "3D" is, based off of the two-tone coloring of the skull, they are going for the aesthetic of how a 3D movie looks when you watch without your glasses on. Meaning set pieces and characters might have a two-toned red/blue (well, black light, so cyan and pink) drop shadow.