Slaughter Sinema 2 (HHN 33) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Slaughter Sinema 2 (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I may have liked this better than the original. Spoilers out of an overabundance of caution but not really a lot to spoil:

Unlike the original this one mostly eschews comedy. While the coming attractions in the queue video are all tongue-in-cheek, in the house only the Christmas and Mummy stripper scenes are played for laughs. This is really just a hodge-podge of "cool signature scenes from IPs we'll never get." Old school HHN feel there, house-made pastiches of popular IPs. Interstellar Terror and Critters would not feel out of place here.

Not-Jaws is my personal favorite but the faux Terminators were surprisingly effective as well. The weakest links were the comedy rooms, which didn't really hit for me,

A good house but don't see it going to the next level. Not everything can be HotY tho.

Incredibly solid house that lives up to the hype of the original. It uses concepts that fit perfectly alongside the original movie lineup from 2018. It doesn't retread old ground very much at all. It purely adds to the legacy of the original with more MST3K-style genre films, "watch-bait" movie titles, and ridiculous cheese that they just didn't have the room or time to include in SS1. Tons of variety, lots of great sets and aesthetics, and a great fun vibe throughout the whole thing. They really kill it with the trailers in the facade too.

"Maniac" by Michael Sembello doesn't play in the background the whole house, so it was all a waste of time. 0/10 never running this one again. :p

Pretty delighted by Zyborgs having a Tetsuo aesthetic on top of everything

Mardi Gras Murders would also make a genuinely good house, I think.
(and also a good movie)
I think Heavy Metal Hell will end up being a house next year, and Mardi Gras Murders I can see working as a scare zone. Although I'd happily welcome a house for it.