Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spaceship Earth: Our Shared Story

If that's true then all this refurb is is installing a bunch of projection mapping equipment and swiffering the place. I'd rather the ride stay closed and miss the 50th and get a real refurb. The track is in really bad shape right now.

Honestly, the ride system needs major repair to function reliably so at this point it's like putting a new stereo and speakers into a car with transmission problems.

Honestly, the ride system needs major repair to function reliably so at this point it's like putting a new stereo and speakers into a car with transmission problems.
Which is pretty much exactly what the Space Mountain refurb of 2009 was.

Although I'm glad I'll be able to ride it again this year, I'm also terrified that it will begin to fall apart like the Magic Kingdom attractions have recently.

You guys want to hear my opinion on all of this? Spaceship Earth is perfect and Epcot is a testament to what a theme park can and should be in my opinion. I went once six years ago and I'm still thinking about this ride and that smell of Rome burning. An update to this ride will make it even better. (This is very poorly worded) *Runs away* :bolt:

Im hoping in an update, whenever it happens, the new narration is done by either Angela Bassett or Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Bassett was a pleasing narrator on The Imagineering Story and Ejiofor was a great bright spot in 2019’s Lion King and has a very pleasing voice.

You guys want to hear my opinion on all of this? Spaceship Earth is perfect and Epcot is a testament to what a theme park can and should be in my opinion. I went once six years ago and I'm still thinking about this ride and that smell of Rome burning. An update to this ride will make it even better. (This is very poorly worded) *Runs away* :bolt:
Actually, I mostly agreed with this in my early trips. The first time we went to Epcot in 2011 we absolutely loved the Spaceship Earth attraction and the park. And we really liked both up through around the first half dozen visits, or so, to the park. BUT, now
with repeat visits the luster has worn off of Spaceship Earth since it seems to be a bit weak on re rideability. The first couple of rides are really good, but it loses it's freshness and entertainment value quickly. World Showcase is fine, but Future World is really lacking, especially after repeated trips. Festivals help to keep some interest, though.

I do hope the redo is eventually confined primarily to the ride system (which is absolutely needed).

I just don't trust modern Disney to not screw up the entire ride if they start changing the story around.

They might've been waiting for the rat to be done in order to have capacity to shift crowds around.
Very possible. It seemed like they were going to open Rat right before SSE’s originally planned closure for that very reason.