Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spam Popups?

Jun 14, 2010
South West FL
Over the past few days on mobile I've been experiencing those popup "You won a prize!" messages where you have to close your tab tp resolve the issue. It's something I haven't experienced before and I didn't see any other threads about it so I thought I'd let you guys know...

Over the past few days on mobile I've been experiencing those popup "You won a prize!" messages where you have to close your tab tp resolve the issue. It's something I haven't experienced before and I didn't see any other threads about it so I thought I'd let you guys know...
You run a malware checker?

JoeCamel - for my phone I use Lookout security and it's not showing me anything at the moment. Not sure if it's the best program though, not really familiar with mobile antivirus software.

Joe - I've experienced it both at home and out and about, so it could be somewhat from public wifi but I've specifically noticed it around my house.

I wonder if it's connected to the problem I used to have on mobile where the ad would insert itself into the reply box, and I'd have to type blind.

JoeCamel - for my phone I use Lookout security and it's not showing me anything at the moment. Not sure if it's the best program though, not really familiar with mobile antivirus software.

Joe - I've experienced it both at home and out and about, so it could be somewhat from public wifi but I've specifically noticed it around my house.
I think Malware Bytes is about as good as you can get. It is free so don't pay

Which is odd because it only happened on my iPhone and my iPad was fine, so that’s why I thought it was device specific.
Edit: thanks for looking into the issue though!

This is being sent from my phone because iPad is a total bust on this website. Here is what I get on iPad.

MUZHqLF.png

Doesn’t happen on any other website