Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spam Popups?

Out of curiosity, how does Google factor in? If they hosted the site that would make sense, but is there even a "GWS"?

Like I should be able to type in "forums.insideuniversal.net" and Google wouldn't have to be involved or even need to know.

What am I missing?

BTW, thanks for all you do running these forums! (I'm just curious about the whole Google thing)

Out of curiosity, how does Google factor in? If they hosted the site that would make sense, but is there even a "GWS"?

Like I should be able to type in "forums.insideuniversal.net" and Google wouldn't have to be involved or even need to know.

What am I missing?

BTW, thanks for all you do running these forums! (I'm just curious about the whole Google thing)
The ads that support the site are from Google AdSense.

Just to put another data point in that pop up- I tried accessing the forum from Safari on my iPhone this weekend and kept getting that ad and basically wouldn't let me proceed. However, I switched to Google Chrome's app and I didn't have any issues from that browser.

I couldn't find a better place to put this and didn't want to make a new thread. @Brian G. The ads are back on desktop and mobile for me. Seems to have correlated to when you put that COVID disclaimer thing back online as it started today as far as I know.

I couldn't find a better place to put this and didn't want to make a new thread. @Brian G. The ads are back on desktop and mobile for me. Seems to have correlated to when you put that COVID disclaimer thing back online as it started today as far as I know.

We've changed some things on the ad side. Nothing to do with the disclaimer. We're in the process of tweaking and fixing.

We've changed some things on the ad side. Nothing to do with the disclaimer. We're in the process of tweaking and fixing.
Thanks. Will the VIPs still be ad free when it’s done? I’m getting ads currently, but I see that you’re working on things. (I’d be willing to pay again if you need btw.)

@Brian G. in the past 7-10 days I have started being bombarded by adds on the forums. I haven't changed anything on my end but it's becoming quite annoying. Has anything changed?
Even when I close the adds they pop up again. Huge ad at the top of each page, adds in between posts, a bar at the bottom of the screen and a video ad popup.
I have full anti spam virus software but still getting this stuff.
Thanks in advance

@Brian G. in the past 7-10 days I have started being bombarded by adds on the forums. I haven't changed anything on my end but it's becoming quite annoying. Has anything changed?
Even when I close the adds they pop up again. Huge ad at the top of each page, adds in between posts, a bar at the bottom of the screen and a video ad popup.
I have full anti spam virus software but still getting this stuff.
Thanks in advance

Your VIP on the forums didn't autorenew, so I went ahead and fixed it.

but I will contact our Ad partners and ask why ads pop up despite hitting the X.