Special Effects Show | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Special Effects Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Got my last viewing of the show in yesterday. Going to miss it. Not as much as the original version on the lower lot, but I really hope they find a way to incorporate this stuff in their future plan....if they can do the original version somewhere where you have to move across the bleachers, that'd be a super bonus...with Backdraft next door. Okay, just take me back to 90s Universal.

Also the last night to view the Christmas light show at Hogwarts Castle starting at 5:30 and every half hour after that.

I noticed during the final show Susan (The host) said that it would be the final show in this building. Could they be moving the show in some way, shape, or form to a new building?
I'd honestly not be surprised

My hope is they make a general theater for shows like this but also HHN events and one day....Water World is replaced by a new area that can be used for a cool day show and also finally give us a big nighttime show like WOC

I'd honestly not be surprised

My hope is they make a general theater for shows like this but also HHN events and one day....Water World is replaced by a new area that can be used for a cool day show and also finally give us a big nighttime show like WOC
But where could they put it? If Water World goes away is has enough space to make a land. And one of the things to do in this land could include a stage show of some kind themed to the land it's in.

But where could they put it? If Water World goes away is has enough space to make a land. And one of the things to do in this land could include a stage show of some kind themed to the land it's in.
WaterWorld has about a 1.8 acre footprint. Very Tiny™ Super Nintendo World is around a 3.2 acre footprint. I'd rather they keep one of the greatest theme park shows of all time then replace it with maybe one attraction

Last edited:
WaterWorld has about a 1.8 acre footprint. Very Tiny™ Super Nintendo World is around a 3.2 acre footprint. I'd rather they keep one of the greatest theme park shows of all time then replace it with maybe one attraction
Once the time comes for Water World, which I don't foresee happening for a while, it will be for a miniland of some sort that will have at least two rides. That's too big of a space to blow for just one ride, especially since the park could use all the live entertainment it can get now.

Once the time comes for Water World, which I don't foresee happening for a while, it will be for a miniland of some sort that will have at least two rides. That's too big of a space to blow for just one ride, especially since the park could use all the live entertainment it can get now.
Wonder what types of ride system they could fit into the WW plot. Maybe this could be a use for the stacked dark ride tower patent. And if they dig under ground for it they could make it even bigger than if it was all above ground. As for the second type maybe a Pets style omnimover?

I have no idea if they’d ever do it but my hope is one day they smart up and redo the entrance and there is a lot of land between the current entrance and the handicap that along with using the land at WW could give us a few more attractions and hopefully a new big show with a night time show.

I have no idea if they’d ever do it but my hope is one day they smart up and redo the entrance and there is a lot of land between the current entrance and the handicap that along with using the land at WW could give us a few more attractions and hopefully a new big show with a night time show.
Um....they just redid the entry way back when Potter opened. Why would they tear it all up again?

Um....they just redid the entry way back when Potter opened. Why would they tear it all up again?
Because they lack space and if they push back the entrance to they have more then enough room for a new land, a couple of new attractions and hopefully a new show location that could be used in the day for a show like WW and at night a WOC show.

They have lots of wasted space in that area like the old Saddle ranch location along with all these ticket booths that basically sit empty. Also Six flags has been security tech then both Disney/Universal and so would be nice for them to upgrade that as well to make it quicker.
I literally see no downsides for them redoing the front so we have expand the theme park.