Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Special Effects Show

According to Mondo from Five Fires, he says the Special Effects Show is permanently closing and will be replaced by a Jabbawockeez show. His comments on this begin at around the 1 hour 43 mark of the following video:

Kill Me

I just don't get that show....and hate it replaced Bill and Ted and now this. Why can't we get a real unique show?

I don’t believe this at all for a permanent show, he doesn’t even list his sources just “what we’re hearing.” The whole video is speculation of course. Park is better off just getting rid of this and animal actors in favor of a new land/ride.

I don’t believe this at all for a permanent show, he doesn’t even list his sources just “what we’re hearing.” The whole video is speculation of course. Park is better off just getting rid of this and animal actors in favor of a new land/ride.
Well, he was correct about the HHN lineup :look:

For what it's worth, I have heard in the past that SES was intended to redebut later in the year. May be possible that it's inbound for November/December, around the time the Holidays at USH start.

Could they test Jabba during daytime throughout September/October? Maybe? But I don't see them doing Jabba permamently.

I may be outdated with this, I heard SES is being demolished completely. This is about a year or two ago's worth of a rumor though.

I will be impressed if now is the time they finally decide to yeet it off the side of the cliff (but I do hope Animal Actors won't be far behind, and that they keep the Universal City sign).

There is a valid point though; if the project is a 2023 build, that could line up with the seemingly stead-fast roadmap UC overall is having.

UC Orlando is potentially looking at getting investments to USF before Epic Universe, with the potential of Villain Con and Potter VR (as per @Alicia), DK is being built right now at Osaka; EU is getting permits filed again and the prep should be done for SNW/Minion Park in Singapore. Hollywood looking to pick up the ball and run with it now, may be a potential angle to look at; if they are looking to bring in more crowds alongside Disneyland's Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway for 2023. If the project doesn't take Animal Actors, the project would be in a slightly tight spot, though as we have seen recently, size doesn't mean much of anything when we factor Pets.

I'm curious if that's the mentality UC Hollywood is looking at going forward. Experiences that can be while compact, high in value and option.

Last edited:
I will say that SES and the ice cream place at Springfield have to get the wrecking ball sooner or later. Possibly AAas well. Their foundations are literally sliding off the hill.

With the rumors of universal dropping the Simpsons IP, I wouldn’t be surprised if this whole area looked different in the coming years. From Animal Actors to the Studio Tour bridge.

E10C5D19-D16D-44B5-9650-AF0BE8A853A2.jpg
I’m really sorry if this is old news guys but the Special Effects show was still on the show list on the USH app while it was closed through this year I just checked out of curiosity and It’s now gone completely so I’m gonna take this as confirmation that it’s not coming back.

If I were Universal, I'd consider developing some kind of Pokemon themed show for the SES building. That would be massive hit and an instant way to capitalize on the world's number one franchise. I know that Universal Japan already has a deal to bring Pokemon to their park, so hopefully Pokemon/Nintendo is currently working on a similar deal to showcase their IP at the US Universal parks as well.

96849BCF-70E1-4377-90F6-A8517AB57597.jpegAF111C50-6140-4D31-ABF0-9FD2D877294D.jpeg
for those who thought jabberwockeez would be a permanent show in the castle theater after HHN all the jabberwockeez stuff is being removed from the inside and outside