Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Special Effects Show

I'd replace it with Bourne. It's a perfect successor. I'd say its use of Stagecraft-esque technology is a better representation of the future of visual effects than the most recent SES iterations.

I'd replace it with Bourne. It's a perfect successor. I'd say its use of Stagecraft-esque technology is a better representation of the future of visual effects than the most recent SES iterations.

While I like where your head is at, there's two issues there. One, I'm not sure there's nearly enough space, and they're very landlocked in this spot. Two, I worry there would be too much overlap with Waterworld.

For what it's worth, I have also heard that the show is done and won't be coming back in the form it was in pre-COVID.

While I like where your head is at, there's two issues there. One, I'm not sure there's nearly enough space, and they're very landlocked in this spot. Two, I worry there would be too much overlap with Waterworld.

For what it's worth, I have also heard that the show is done and won't be coming back in the form it was in pre-COVID.
In that case, do the Skyflys that dangle you over the edge of the hill.

The Jabbawockee show will be temporary. A permanent replacement for that area is in the works, but it's still in a planning stages. At least this is what I've heard.

Wait, so, they are doing a Jabawockeez show in there for short term? Not just for HHN?
It would seem kinda weird to get rid of everything Jabbawockeez related and dumping it out in the curious George lot only to make another Jabbawockeez show. If any other show is coming soon here I don’t think it’s gonna be Jabbawockeez

Last edited:
Yes, put a ride here but first this summer when you are in no way going to tear this down because nintendoland isnt even done...please have some sort of show or special meet and greet, please anything

Tear down SES. Tear down AA.

Put an indoor flex theater where AA is and a ride where SES is. I would imagine they will probably wait until 2028 when that Simpsons contract expires before they will start work on this.

I feel like they aren't gonna just leave SES empty until 2028. If it's a new show, I imagine it could begin work in the next year, if it's something bigger, like a new ride, it could be longer.

It's a great spot to just leave empty for so long regardless. It's a shame they couldn't get the show restarted after the pandemic.

As part of the rumor of Fast and Furious possibly getting an attraction, a potential alternative is considered if it is moving to a different location: that being The Bourne Stuntacular.

As part of the rumor of Fast and Furious possibly getting an attraction, a potential alternative is considered if it is moving to a different location: that being The Bourne Stuntacular.
Well this is a very interesting development. Ideally, the F&F coaster would make a great contender for the AA/SES spot for the most ideal location. It would also fit my theory of Springfield eventually being reskinned into a generic NY street. It would fit better thematically than being in the lower lot and it would give the Mummy a chance to be around a little longer to be the park’s main coaster until this opens.

The only concern this would present (and this is why I think it may end up replacing the Mummy) is that the park will be lacking in show venues. USH will need more show venues to replace SES and AA if that scenario happens. I do think it would be a better alternative than getting rid of the park’s only “major” coaster for several years to build this and be placed in a location that wouldn’t really fit.

I also feel like this coaster may have the same square footage space as Supercharged in Orlando as I think this is what they will want to replace it with. Just a theory.

Well this is a very interesting development. Ideally, the F&F coaster would make a great contender for the AA/SES spot for the most ideal location. It would also fit my theory of Springfield eventually being reskinned into a generic NY street. It would fit better thematically than being in the lower lot and it would give the Mummy a chance to be around a little longer to be the park’s main coaster until this opens.

The only concern this would present (and this is why I think it may end up replacing the Mummy) is that the park will be lacking in show venues. USH will need more show venues to replace SES and AA if that scenario happens. I do think it would be a better alternative than getting rid of the park’s only “major” coaster for several years to build this and be placed in a location that wouldn’t really fit.

I also feel like this coaster may have the same square footage space as Supercharged in Orlando as I think this is what they will want to replace it with. Just a theory.
USH's mummy is the inferior version to USF's and they are not giving in the same TLC like Orlando's is currently getting. So that could be a hint it is on its way out. I also think if F&F went where mummy is they could fit a bigger coaster than what they could on the upper lot. And Bourne could go where Special Effects stage is. Though it it's current form I don't think they could fit the show as it is in Orlando. They would have to demo AA as well

If the FX Stage gets replaced by the coaster, I still foresee Bourne coming to the Lower Lot, so a new theater will be... born.

Also, since coaster work not rumored to start until AFTER Nintendo is totally done, I wouldn't count the Special FX Show down for the count just yet.

If the FX Stage gets replaced by the coaster, I still foresee Bourne coming to the Lower Lot, so a new theater will be... born.

Also, since coaster work not rumored to start until AFTER Nintendo is totally done, I wouldn't count the Special FX Show down for the count just yet.
Maybe they can put Bourne where Mummy is and have a bigger superior version to Orlando's? Or would Bourne go elsewhere in the lower lot?