Spider-Man: Far From Home | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: Far From Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some of the symbols that Mysterio uses, seem to look similar to what the Mystic Arts uses.

Perhaps that's how the monsters (Sand-Man, Hydro-Man) are represented as that; as bending reality in real time (and not in the mirror dimension)?

He's not. :lol:

According to the plot description, it sounds like he is.

"After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Peter Parker goes on a school trip to Europe with his friends. While abroad, he is recruited by Nick Fury to team up with Mysterios to battle the Elementals."

Whether or not he turns bad remains to be seen.

Fun fact and a small spoiler to people who haven't read a comic thats been out for about 50 years: The first appearance of Mysterio he pretended to be a hero and even got on J Jonah Jamesons good side, before eventually showing his true colors. so..............

ahem.

Last edited:
So based on the trailer, I can make the case either way that Tony Stark is dead or alive... but I can also see this movie being set as a direct sequel to Homecoming and before Infinity War even happened. One thing that makes me think that is the fact that Peter Parker is still in high school. Feels like enough time has passed where he would've graduated by now if it was being set right along with the timeline of events happening in the MCU concurrently.

So based on the trailer, I can make the case either way that Tony Stark is dead or alive... but I can also see this movie being set as a direct sequel to Homecoming and before Infinity War even happened. One thing that makes me think that is the fact that Peter Parker is still in high school. Feels like enough time has passed where he would've graduated by now if it was being set right along with the timeline of events happening in the MCU concurrently.

The filmmakers have essentially confirmed a couple of times that this is a post-ENDGAME story. Could be intentional misdirection, I guess, but that's not really Kevin Feige's style.

This looks good, but I'll echo what everyone else is saying that they released it waaaaay too soon. Sony should've waited. Also.....

Look at the check Happy is holding. Notice it's signed by Pepper Potts.
Stuff like that is why they should've waited to release this. Thanks Amy Pascal. :rolleyes:

This looks good, but I'll echo what everyone else is saying that they released it waaaaay too soon. Sony should've waited. Also.....

Look at the check Happy is holding. Notice it's signed by Pepper Potts.
Stuff like that is why they should've waited to release this. Thanks Amy Pascal. :rolleyes:
I get what everyone is saying about how there's potential End Game spoilers, but 6-months out (which is where we're at) is the norm in Hollywood for dropping a trailer. Do you expect Sony to wait until after End Game comes out in Late April to start promoting their movie? They aren't making any money off of End Game, so they don't care.

This is marketing 101 for a big budget movie.

I know it's early, but I want Val Kilmer to play Doc Oct in the Spider-Man 3.

Or Kingpin.

Or Kraven the Hunter.

Please put Val Kilmer in a Marvel movie.

Spiderman is far from home... Five years into the future, he's still in high school, his friends are all older... Thanos was defeated in the future... It was old Thanos that completed the snap. There is now a timeline Spiderman can return to where Thanos was never a threat to earth, because he traveled to the future before he completed the snap. He can be reinserted into the universe young thanos came from.

Or they can just ignore the fact they created two alternate timelines, aside from the "prime" timeline endgame exist in... A universe where loki escaped new york and a universe where thanos died before he gathered the stones.

I believe far from home is "the end" because it opens up one of the two existing scenarios to be explored in the future... It can also see the end of the sony relationship with spidermn by leaving him in one of the abandoned timelines where Tony is still alive... That way Marvel can introduce one of the alternate Spiderman's they've already hinted at (Miles Morales).

For me, I see it more to that Far From Home is going to deal with the idea of Peter overcoming the fact that his mentor and surrogate-father like figure; is dead. And that, he wants to stray away from that super hero life, but Nick is going to be a means of trying to bring him back in.

Almost in a way for Peters case, of a PTSD like event; similar to Iron Man 3.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
For me, I see it more to that Far From Home is going to deal with the idea of Peter overcoming the fact that his mentor and surrogate-father like figure; is dead. And that, he wants to stray away from that super hero life, but Nick is going to be a means of trying to bring him back in.

Almost in a way for Peters case, of a PTSD like event; similar to Iron Man 3.

That's how I see it too, and..
I don't really get how everyone can just go back to high school and carry on as normal when half your class mates are now 5 years older and probably graduated.

At the end of Endgame you see Peter back at High school and seeing his friend again, is his friend supposed to have aged or is he supposed to have been snapped out of existence like Peter?

That's how I see it too, and..
I don't really get how everyone can just go back to high school and carry on as normal when half your class mates are now 5 years older and probably graduated.

At the end of Endgame you see Peter back at High school and seeing his friend again, is his friend supposed to have aged or is he supposed to have been snapped out of existence like Peter?

Yeah, seeing Ned at the end means either he was also a victim of the snap like Peter... or the filmmakers goofed.

As for the implications of ENDGAME, given that FAR FROM HOME's marketing has seemed to show Peter on a European trip with ALL of his circle of friends from HOMECOMING, I think that kind of has to mean the story - at least partially - is set pre-INFINITY WAR.

I think that's slightly disappointing, because seeing Peter need to adjust to having five years of his life taken away could provide some terrific drama.

Yeah, seeing Ned at the end means either he was also a victim of the snap like Peter... or the filmmakers goofed.

As for the implications of ENDGAME, given that FAR FROM HOME's marketing has seemed to show Peter on a European trip with ALL of his circle of friends from HOMECOMING, I think that kind of has to mean the story - at least partially - is set pre-INFINITY WAR.

I think that's slightly disappointing, because seeing Peter need to adjust to having five years of his life taken away could provide some terrific drama.

Honestly, I can't see this being a prequel, as I believe they've even said that the film starts minutes after Endgame in an interview in the past.

Honestly, I can't see this being a prequel, as I believe they've even said that the film starts minutes after Endgame in an interview in the past.

Then that would have to mean...
... that ALL of Peter's friends got snapped and came back five years later...
... which I think would be a little hard to believe. Or the movie's marketing so far has been playing games.

Reactions: youhow2
They either goofed and are going to have to find a way to address the goof or are brilliant.

Considering how gaffed the endgame trailers were... Unless they are talking crap to boost sales for far from home, which is why I think its likely they give people a HUGE reason to watch the new Spider-Man... And they would have it if my speculation above is correct.. But it does contain endgame spoilers.

Reactions: belloq87
They either goofed and are going to have to find a way to address the goof or are brilliant.

Considering how gaffed the endgame trailers were... Unless they are talking crap to boost sales for far from home, which is why I think its likely they give people a HUGE reason to watch the new Spider-Man... And they would have it if my speculation above is correct.. But it does contain endgame spoilers.
Considering it's Sony, I wouldn't be surprised at a goof, but since it's connected to the MCU, I have faith in Feige that it will in some way make sense.