Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Questions... no one has spoken of Spider-man on the outside of the building. Is it back up? Also, has it been crazy busy to ride this today? Did many show up in anticipation? Finally, I sure hope all will continue to post their detailed reviews. We can't have too many perspectives!

I wasn't there, obviously, but from pictures, Spider-man is back. And according to a friend, the place was mobbed this morning.

hmmm, that is most troubling. Hope it's nothing too serious. On another note I was able to find the grand reopening ceremony vid....nothing too cool, in fact I found it a bit underwhelming but.....hey, at least the ride's back open.

[video=youtube;AXuPm2qvmp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXuPm2qvmp8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I was looking at the kids and realized that a large amount of them probably weren't around for the original opening of Spidey...makes me feel old lols. Anyways, I'm surprised no one has posted videos to youtube showing off the new ride and the state of the queue. I can't seem to find any pics or vids at all, kind of distressing.

Spiderman has been down for a large chunk of the afternoon, apparently. Any info on what's going on?

From what I've read on Twitter, it seems like the ride was getting stuck shortly after the opening this morning. It seems like they're still working out some kinks in the system.

^ while we are at it, does anyone know how that harsh vibration is created? I cannot imagine that the gimbal hydraulics are used as they are intended for smooth operation and something tells me hard vibration movements might damage them. So, has anyone ever read/been told how the effect is done?

^ while we are at it, does anyone know how that harsh vibration is created? I cannot imagine that the gimbal hydraulics are used as they are intended for smooth operation and something tells me hard vibration movements might damage them. So, has anyone ever read/been told how the effect is done?

Well how is the effect done on the Simpsons? I'd assume it's about the same.

I am not sure but there might be answer in the vehicle's patent:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=IH...gKtmpnIDQ&ved=0CEMQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

I'm sorry:

patents

This is one of the main reasons why Spiderman is amazing.

Last edited:
^ The doc states that is is run by 'screw actuators'. These might be hydraulic or pneumatic but I suspect the former. While out of my league reading a patent such as that, further investigation on the terms used suggest it is possible that the actuators may create the vibration as well. They are rugged little puppies. Conclusion, the ride vehicles are basically built like a swivel backhoe with all of the hydraulics for the backhoe itself located underneath the swivel. It is heavy Industrial machinery.

BTW: that item labeled #64 is where all of the audio and control signals for the lap bar etc comes through. It's called a slip ring. :stunned:

Last edited: