Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Every get tickets? I could not get them until noon the next day and only tickets I could get Thursday night are in just not ideal seats.

Normally i would just wait until Friday but I bet by the day before spoilers are out and really want to go in and enjoying the little surprises

Every get tickets? I could not get them until noon the next day and only tickets I could get Thursday night are in just not ideal seats.

Normally i would just wait until Friday but I bet by the day before spoilers are out and really want to go in and enjoying the little surprises
Spoilers will already be out before Thursday as the movie premiers on December 15th in much of Europe.

Wanted to clear up the above that I posted by posting the full comment Amy Pascal made, which is being omitted from most outlets.

“This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel — [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie,” Pascal says. “We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel, it just isn’t part of… we’re thinking of this as three films, and now we’re going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies.”

Most are leaving out the part where she says "it just isn't part of...", which seems to be her catching herself slipping up. She clearly says this isn't the last MCU movie, but based on comments Feige has made in the past about Spider-Man being able to hope between Cinematic Universes and now this, it has me wondering what exactly she was going to say.

It's possible she was catching herself on a spoiler from NWH. What I am assuming will happen is that the new trilogy won't be exclusive to the MCU, meaning it will be a shared trilogy between the Sony Spider-verse and the MCU. And we should finally see a live-action adult Spider-man story, which is great.

I think the problem is that Pascal/Sony has to somehow keep the Spidey-verse going even as Tom Holland has indicated that he wants to start slowing down and moving on to other projects. It was just a couple of weeks ago that he said the following:

“Maybe it is time for me to move on. Maybe what’s best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film. I have to take Peter Parker into account as well, because he is an important part of my life...if I’m playing Spider-Man after I’m 30, I’ve done something wrong.”

Maybe it just goes to show why building an entire cinematic universe around one character is a risky idea. Imagine how ripped-off audiences will feel if that Venom 2 post-credits tease never comes to pass...

I think the problem is that Pascal/Sony has to somehow keep the Spidey-verse going even as Tom Holland has indicated that he wants to start slowing down and moving on to other projects. It was just a couple of weeks ago that he said the following:

“Maybe it is time for me to move on. Maybe what’s best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film. I have to take Peter Parker into account as well, because he is an important part of my life...if I’m playing Spider-Man after I’m 30, I’ve done something wrong.”

Maybe it just goes to show why building an entire cinematic universe around one character is a risky idea. Imagine how ripped-off audiences will feel if that Venom 2 post-credits tease never comes to pass...
Well, Sony only has the rights to Spider-Man and so far their Spider-verse has been extremely popular and the MCU Spider-Man films have performed the best of all Spidey films theatrically.

And Tom Holland is making that comment in the middle of a bunch of denying going on. I’m sure he knows what his future looks like with the character and if Tom Holland is truly making another trilogy, there’s no way he’s done playing the character before 30.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Well, Sony only has the rights to Spider-Man and so far their Spider-verse has been extremely popular and the MCU Spider-Man films have performed the best of all Spidey films theatrically.

And Tom Holland is making that comment in the middle of a bunch of denying going on. I’m sure he knows what his future looks like with the character and if Tom Holland is truly making another trilogy, there’s no way he’s done playing the character before 30.

Yeah, Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures have a lot of potential as it stands with the multiverse as it stands now being an active narrative. One that can allow the MCU to have Peter still be in, but also allowing other conflicts and aspects to bleed into Sony's works, and vice-versa. I think if all else, the test is going to be Spider-Verse 2, if it can maintain the growth that the first film made for it's splash.

Yeah, Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures have a lot of potential as it stands with the multiverse as it stands now being an active narrative. One that can allow the MCU to have Peter still be in, but also allowing other conflicts and aspects to bleed into Sony's works, and vice-versa. I think if all else, the test is going to be Spider-Verse 2, if it can maintain the growth that the first film made for it's splash.
I also think characters like Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales will be introduced probably in the next trilogy, meaning that Tom can leave the character behind, but Sony can continue marching forward.

Spider-Man isn’t just Peter Parker.

I thought the whole point of casting young(er) with Holland was so that he could play the character for 15 - 20 years and we'd get to see one actor cover the major eras of Peter Parker's life (high school Peter, college Peter, adult Peter).

I also think characters like Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales will be introduced probably in the next trilogy, meaning that Tom can leave the character behind, but Sony can continue marching forward.

Spider-Man isn’t just Peter Parker.

Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, and Miles Morales will be able to not only compliment MCU Peter Parker, but be able to as said, give Tom Holland/Hardy the ability to not be directly involved as much. Even if they lead the mainline films, they can be a bit more at ease on "when" they are released, because of the three additional members being able to fill in.

I thought the whole point of casting young(er) with Holland was so that he could play the character for 15 - 20 years and we'd get to see one actor cover the major eras of Peter Parker's life (high school Peter, college Peter, adult Peter).

There isn't a requirement that it has to be separate periods for Peter. It could easily be College Peter and Adult Peter into one, perhaps with a proper timeskip for him, giving time for something not that far off from PS4's starting point.

The five year timegap from 2018 to 2023, plus 2023-2025 should also help for giving the sake of the time gap for Miles too. Keep them both within College period even if need be.

You do realize that another trilogy, even if they are released at the fastest possible timeframe (every two years, which has been this entire trilogy), will end up having Holland playing the character from 2016's CA: Civil War until 2027, which would be a span of 6 Spider-Man movies, Civil War, Infinity War, Endgame, and Avengers 5 would seem to be a lock. That's at least TEN movies, not counting any possible Sony-verse movies he might film for. By 2027 he would be 31 in real life, playing a role he got cast for when he was a teenager.

I personally think Tom Holland is a really good Peter Parker, so i'm looking forward to seeing Peter as an Adult/in College. His spider-man I like less so because of how much Marvel has him relying on mentors and the Iron Man tech for his suit. I also think that doing one role for too long can eventually lead to an actor start to phone it in. As an actor, you want a challenge and playing the same character for over a decade doesn't breed much creativity beyond the growth of the character.

I also think Holland wants to start getting into higher caliber films to prover himself more and with the rigid schedule Sony has him on (between filming a Spider-Man every other year and also filming Uncharted this year), it's hard to find the time to work in any other movies.

Obviously we don't know how this film will end....but I think part of the reason I dislike Holland as Peter besides the fact he is much too good looking to be the very man (and feels to me like Robin/Ironman Jr), is to me he never really feels at the end of the day like he loses.

Sure he doesn't date the girl he wanted to but literally moves on to MJ, doesn't have money problems and even his identity coming out might be fixed. Rewatching Spiderman with Toby, he just has it so much rougher. He can't be with the woman he loves, isn't rich and doesn't have much support outside of his Aunt, his best friend hates him and then dies. Kinda just not seen now of days, now days Hero's can't lose. Cap gets with Peggy, Tony Saves the World and has 2ish kids to keep his legacy going and so on.Thor at this point is the closest we have to making a Character who just keeps losing things.

Also I was kinda wondering why Goblin 2 was not Toby's version and totally forget James Franco is Cancelled in Hollywood now (for good reason)

Obviously we don't know how this film will end....but I think part of the reason I dislike Holland as Peter besides the fact he is much too good looking to be the very man (and feels to me like Robin/Ironman Jr), is to me he never really feels at the end of the day like he loses.

Sure he doesn't date the girl he wanted to but literally moves on to MJ, doesn't have money problems and even his identity coming out might be fixed. Rewatching Spiderman with Toby, he just has it so much rougher. He can't be with the woman he loves, isn't rich and doesn't have much support outside of his Aunt, his best friend hates him and then dies. Kinda just not seen now of days, now days Hero's can't lose. Cap gets with Peggy, Tony Saves the World and has 2ish kids to keep his legacy going and so on.Thor at this point is the closest we have to making a Character who just keeps losing things.

Also I was kinda wondering why Goblin 2 was not Toby's version and totally forget James Franco is Cancelled in Hollywood now (for good reason)

As far as I believe, Goblin 2 is just Goblin. It's just an altered version of the Goblin outfit with more visibility for DaFoe's face. Some of the new artwork released for merch has better visibility of this too.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

This makes sense to me...reminds me of the Comments she made a few years back and Kevin was like...no this was never talked about.
Also While I'm sure Tom could make more Spiderman 3 more might just be a few too many for him....I know others have said Miles could come in and I'm sure he will but not sure if we will get 3 more MCU peter films

No Way Home has a chance to put up Infinity War numbers for it's opening weekend. Current projections right now on Box Office Pro are showing $190M-$250M domestic opening with a $500M+ Global opening.

Reactions: belloq87

This makes sense to me...reminds me of the Comments she made a few years back and Kevin was like...no this was never talked about.
Also While I'm sure Tom could make more Spiderman 3 more might just be a few too many for him....I know others have said Miles could come in and I'm sure he will but not sure if we will get 3 more MCU peter films

I'm guessing the reason why Sony is contradicting, is because NWH is a week away and they're trying not to spoil.

Have to assume Tom's going to be in it for the long term, RDJ style.

Red Carpet is going on now. Going to be interesting to see who shows up, especially after Ben Kingsley's appearance at the Shang-Chi premiere accidentally spoiled his return.

Red Carpet is going on now. Going to be interesting to see who shows up, especially after Ben Kingsley's appearance at the Shang-Chi premiere accidentally spoiled his return.
I mean for people who watch those

I had no idea he was in it until I saw the film

but yeah the spider spoilers will be coming the next few days

Yes, please use the spoiler feature going forward. Also, to remind you how long we typically use the spoiler feature to talk about big movies, we usually have a two-week rule where we will stop using the Monday after the second weekend of release.

Not all of us are lucky enough to be able to go see the movie first thing Thursday morning. I can't go until Friday night (gasp!) and while I will try to avoid this thread just in case there's something posted in here that I deem to be spoiler-y, I don't want to accidentally click on this thread and see talk of the entire plot of the movie going on nor do I think most people who can't make it to showings on Thursday.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yes, please use the spoiler feature going forward. Also, to remind you how long we typically use the spoiler feature to talk about big movies, we usually have a two-week rule where we will stop using the Monday after the second weekend of release.

Not all of us are lucky enough to be able to go see the movie first thing Thursday morning. I can't go until Friday night (gasp!) and while I will try to avoid this thread just in case there's something posted in here that I deem to be spoiler-y, I don't want to accidentally click on this thread and see talk of the entire plot of the movie going on nor do I think most people who can't make it to showings on Thursday.
Lucky you. I won’t be able to see it until Tuesday. LOL

Well I’m seeing it with a large group so it’ll be worth it.