Springfield Expansion | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those are my feelings, as well. I'm starting to think they won't even announce/advertise this until it's actually open. :shrug:

Think Tangled themed restrooms at Magic Kingdom. It just happened to be open one day. There was no big announcement. Yes, Simpsons is more than just restrooms but it not worth making a big deal out of. I feel it will just open when they are done. Only team members and us theme park geeks will know when it opens. Regular guests will just stumble across it.... Again, just a guess.

Think Tangled themed restrooms at Magic Kingdom. It just happened to be open one day. There was no big announcement. Yes, Simpsons is more than just restrooms but it not worth making a big deal out of. I feel it will just open when they are done. Only team members and us theme park geeks will know when it opens. Regular guests will just stumble across it.... Again, just a guess.

I have to agree with you here. Frankly, Universal may have too much going on right now to warrant a large announcement for this expansion. Compared to everything that's happening throughout the resort (as well as what is to come), this isn't big news (relative to everything else).

Orlando Theme Park News posted a substantial USF update the other day. http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/05/universal-studios-update-it-sure-is_2940.html

Here are some Simpsons Highlights:

The Androids Dungeon
jz0nGr6TUuM4B.JPG

jATdSaCIGP97A.JPG

Cletus' Fried Chicken?
jyKt14LPMqV6O.JPG

jbniFFeYzqsWwf.JPG

je12r8AiBDxrI.JPG

Thanks for the heads-up, Reel! :thumbs:
No problem. I would've posted them sooner, but I'm rarely on my laptop these days.

I know the weather hasn't been playing nice in O-Town, but Nassal appeared to working through the rain on Cletus' Thursday and Friday. I bet they got quite a bit done yesterday. They're quite fond of those faux wood beams which are now not only on Moes but Androids and Cletus'.

Thanks for the update, Reel! It's nice to see some new progress pics!:thumbs: It certainly DOES look like it's going to be Cletus' Fried Chicken.

There still building it. I mean the roof in general is just so small.

Yep it is crazy to think about how fast they are getting whole projects done, while each piece is taking a long time. I guess it is from multi-tasking and bouncing around. I understand more with things that have dry times like stucko, paint, etc. But the things that just need to be installed they put in like 4 pieces and move on. Maybe they only have a few fabricated at a time so they can be installed for Creative to see in place before finishing a whole section? But as different parts of the project are consistently moving forward it does not cause major problems.

OK, could no announcement yet be because of the weather? I mean maybe the timeline is getting delayed and they don't want to put their necks out there just yet? An announcement later would let their fast timeline flesh out a little and as everyone said this is not a major attraction, so they are not using it to sell AP or to get people to vacation here like TF. This is to get people to spend more money and time in the park once they are here.

OK, could no announcement yet be because of the weather? I mean maybe the timeline is getting delayed and they don't want to put their necks out there just yet? An announcement later would let their fast timeline flesh out a little and as everyone said this is not a major attraction, so they are not using it to sell AP or to get people to vacation here like TF. This is to get people to spend more money and time in the park once they are here.

Doubt the weather has anything to do with it. Nassal was working on facades in the rain. Either there will be no announcement, or they are, in fact, waiting to do it during the finale of this season of the Simpsons.

I don't think it's weather or timeline related. They could always say "Summer 2013" and that's a pretty big window for them to get it done.

Doubt the weather has anything to do with it. Nassal was working on facades in the rain. Either there will be no announcement, or they are, in fact, waiting to do it during the finale of this season of the Simpsons.

When's that again?

Well ,in the season finale, the Simpson's go to an amusement park and Kodo and Kang are going to be involved. It will be the first episode that isn't a Treehouse of Horror episode where Kodo and Kang are featured. Coincidence?

Thanks :thumbs: I haven't followed the show in a while now... I'll DVR the season finale for the hell of it. Who knows, maybe they will have some sort of mention or announcement :shrug:

You should just hope there isn't a NASCAR race like there was this past week. The race ran long and I got 30 minutes of left turns instead of the Simpsons.

You should just hope there isn't a NASCAR race like there was this past week. The race ran long and I got 30 minutes of left turns instead of the Simpsons.

Oh, I hate when that happens... The episode isn't showing up yet on my guide, but once it comes up later/tomorrow, I'll make sure to add an extension. Thanks for the reminder! :thumbs: