Star Lord M&G at WDW | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Lord M&G at WDW

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why is it they are so much better casting female face characters than males?
Because outside of NY or LA, men don't typically want to play dress up. Especially for a theme park at a lowly wage. You'll find plenty of people who will be willing to do it in Orlando (or other places around the country when they do CP auditions), but that doesn't mean they're going to be up to snuff.

Why is it they are so much better casting female face characters than males?
I've got a different theory on that. Disney's female characters wear iconic costumes. The costumes make up a lot of the slack on casting.

(Plus, most of the female characters are animated. More leeway)

Star-Lord is live action and doesn't have a particularly iconic costume. It means you're looking for a Chris Pratt look alike, which is hard to do.

Checked in to see how rough Peter Quill is looking these days... the one I saw was definitely better than the bad cosplayer on the last page, but he is very clearly a Flynn Rider.

IMG_0964.JPG

They need broad shoulders and a square jaw.

Instead they're going with guys who wear a medium t-shirt.

Chris Pratt is 6'2 and 220# in the films. You cannot cast 5'10-5'11 and 170-180# and make it believable.

Last edited:
They need broad shoulders and a square jaw.

Instead they're going with guys who wear a medium t-shirt.

Chris Pratt is 6'2 and 220# in the films. You cannot cast 5'10-5'11 and 170-180# and make it believable.
I just pulled up my pic from the photopass guy to try and compare his height to mine. I'm about 5'10 and this guy seems at least 2" taller than me.

That said, what you are asking for out of this theme park Star Lord is basically an exact replica of Chris Pratt to drop down in Disney Entertainment's lap and that simply isn't going to happen in Orlando. It's much easier to cast for animated roles because we haven't seen a live action version of most of them.