Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Celebration VI

I'm so there! I'm going to wait to see what celebs are coming which day before I purchase tickets. I may do a VIP package this time.

I'm really excited about it coming back to Orlando. I had some of the most fun I've ever had at SWCV.

But a lot of people on Facebook are complaining about the dates already. It's starts the first week of most schools and it's a just barely week before DragonCon. Also, why aren't they having it for the 30th Anniversary for Return of the Jedi?

I'm really excited about it coming back to Orlando. I had some of the most fun I've ever had at SWCV.

But a lot of people on Facebook are complaining about the dates already. It's starts the first week of most schools and it's a just barely week before DragonCon.

Oh well. :lol: More room for us.

Celebration V was an absolute amazing 4 days. Do not hesitate on this, even if you're a casual fan.

Now waiting for the inevitable Disney special event tie-in....

081910_o_lando_t_shirt_t.jpg

Don't wait for the guest list to buy VIP they will sell out fast. 2nd the big complaint is Dragoncon is massive and many 501st do dragoncon also and have for years. Many in the Con community plan all year for Dragoncon. Dcon is the south's version of Comic Con with over 30,000 people attending the 4 day event. So imagine having to decide on an event you have gone to for years(dcons 25th Anniv is this year) and going to Celebration. I mean school part is just silly as some schools aren't even in then. Doing these cons for some people is a huge undertaking not counting vacation time. How many people plan on traveling to an event every year outside of Orlando? But people travel from all over the country every year for Dcon, they have made friends that they only see that time of the year. People plan costumes ( i have seen some who bring 6-7 of them) so for them they have to make a choose they are upset so you will see piles of complaints out there on other message boards.
Let me give you a little idea of cost The 4 guest hotels for Dcon average 180.00 a night plus 30 dollars for parking, food, gas not counting any photos, autographs or memorabilia you buy. Also in Atlanta that weekend in normally a college footaball kickoff game (this year Georgi vs Boise State) Nascar Race, Gay Black mens convention and most years and an Atlanta Braves baseball game. So hotels charge a premium rate and rooms are hard to find in a 20 mile radius of Atlanta. So that is another reason why all the complaining.

Don't wait for the guest list to buy VIP they will sell out fast. 2nd the big complaint is Dragoncon is massive and many 501st do dragoncon also and have for years. Many in the Con community plan all year for Dragoncon. Dcon is the south's version of Comic Con with over 30,000 people attending the 4 day event. So imagine having to decide on an event you have gone to for years(dcons 25th Anniv is this year) and going to Celebration. I mean school part is just silly as some schools aren't even in then. Doing these cons for some people is a huge undertaking not counting vacation time. How many people plan on traveling to an event every year outside of Orlando? But people travel from all over the country every year for Dcon, they have made friends that they only see that time of the year. People plan costumes ( i have seen some who bring 6-7 of them) so for them they have to make a choose they are upset so you will see piles of complaints out there on other message boards.
Let me give you a little idea of cost The 4 guest hotels for Dcon average 180.00 a night plus 30 dollars for parking, food, gas not counting any photos, autographs or memorabilia you buy. Also in Atlanta that weekend in normally a college footaball kickoff game (this year Georgi vs Boise State) Nascar Race, Gay Black mens convention and most years and an Atlanta Braves baseball game. So hotels charge a premium rate and rooms are hard to find in a 20 mile radius of Atlanta. So that is another reason why all the complaining.

Yeah, I've seen a good deal of griping regarding the proximity to Dragoncon. But I've also seen a few say they're gonna hit them back-to-back (isn't Dcon the weekend before or after?)

I've also seen some (not a majority, just a really whiny bunch) claiming they won't come because August in Orlando is too hot. Meanwhile, the entire event (10am - 7pm) is INDOORS (even the queues) and very comfortable. If you can't bear walking from the parking lot, a shuttle drop-off, or your hotel in the morning to the front door without having a heat stroke heart attack.... maybe safe at home is the place to be. They act like it's being held in the middle of the Sahara or something.

Uhm Rewster have you seen some of these fans, the parking lot walk could do them in,,,Dcon is the week after it, the main issue is money and time for a lot of people. If you live in Orlando or near the price isn't bad if you have to fly to Orlando and stay and then the next week fly to Atlanta or drive numerous miles then that is were the problem lies.

I've also seen some (not a majority, just a really whiny bunch) claiming they won't come because August in Orlando is too hot. Meanwhile, the entire event (10am - 7pm) is INDOORS (even the queues) and very comfortable. If you can't bear walking from the parking lot, a shuttle drop-off, or your hotel in the morning to the front door without having a heat stroke heart attack.... maybe safe at home is the place to be. They act like it's being held in the middle of the Sahara or something.

Not only is it comfortable in the building, but it's FREEZING. I love it. There were some people who needed jackets while inside.

The funny thing is Dcon is done at 4 hotels lots of walking outside and Atlanta is no Picnic on Labor Day Weekend. Not to mention the stairs and there are minor up hill walks. I may skip dcon next year and come see Celebration.

If your upset, then that means more Celebration for me... I am so going this year... and of course waiting to see if the mouse will do something BIG for this too... (Indy / Jedi show again please?)

If your upset, then that means more Celebration for me... I am so going this year... and of course waiting to see if the mouse will do something BIG for this too... (Indy / Jedi show again please?)

Inevitable, I'm sure. I would expect pretty much the same exact line-up as the Last Tour to Endor, except replaced by the fact that thousands of SW fans will be in Orlando for the first time since Star Tours 3D opened.

From Star Wars.com

Ian McDiarmid, the actor who unforgettably played the evil galactic mastermind and the ultimate villain of the Star Wars saga, will be making a rare convention appearance at Star Wars Celebration VI, appearing on-stage and signing autographs.