Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

Before we give the Mouse too much credit, the "cruise ship on land" idea has been around for ages. If there was a way to make it work in the States (without being shaped like a giant star destroyer), Sandals would've cracked that code decades ago. I think the cost of employees will prove too high, tho.

Highly themed? Maybe. But standard resort level theming? I don't see it working.
The entire Walt Disney World resort is a cruise ship on land. It's already working, and well.

I don't know, this whole thing still feels claustrophobic to me. Many people dream of being astronauts, but how many people really want to live inside a spaceship? That's one of the downsides in my opinion.

Just seems it will be too dark, and dreary. I hope the lobby is parked next to the closest Sun.

Also, does the in room space window just "loop" video. Wouldn't that get boring to look at after 5 mins? Will you still be able to watch cable TV in your room?

Holographic TV....

images

The following explains it:

Society of Explorers and Adventurers. Started as kind of an off-shoot for Imagineers to make in-joke references to the Adventurers Club. Harrison Hightower (owner of Tokyo's ToT), Mary Oceaneer (featured in the new Typhoon Lagoon ride), guy who mined Big Thunder Mountain, Jock Lindsey and Indiana Jones ... all were members of S.E.A. "Auntie" who the day care center in Aluani is named after was a member. The characters from AdvClub were retroactively made members as well. At this point, Master Gracie may also have been a member. Basically the Disney Theme Park Cinematic Universe, created in-house by Imagineering to amuse themselves.

To put it in perspective, I live in the heart of Tourist Orlando. I interact with the most hard-core of lifestylers on a daily basis, people who's homes are like Disneyana showcases. I know exactly one person obsessed with SEA. It's the most inside baseball IP out there.

I don't know, this whole thing still feels claustrophobic to me. Many people dream of being astronauts, but how many people really want to live inside a spaceship? That's one of the downsides in my opinion.

Just seems it will be too dark, and dreary. I hope the lobby is parked next to the closest Sun.

Also, does the in room space window just "loop" video. Wouldn't that get boring to look at after 5 mins? Will you still be able to watch cable TV in your room?
The other thing I think about is the ability to close a shade or shutoff the feed when you go to bed. Not sure I could stand having that starfield swirling around on the wall while trying to sleep. I'm not one to fall asleep in bed with the TV on.

A question I don’t think was ever asked but will you (guest) have the option to stay with the resistance or the empire, first order etc? Or is it just a general themed Star Wars hotel with no mention of either?

A question I don’t think was ever asked but will you (guest) have the option to stay with the resistance or the empire, first order etc? Or is it just a general themed Star Wars hotel with no mention of either?
It is a "Star Tours Galaxy Class Cruiseliner".

I just made that up.

Anyone think there will be upcharge rooms that have a balcony that overlooks SWGE? I can definitely see it.

Anyone think there will be upcharge rooms that have a balcony that overlooks SWGE? I can definitely see it.
It'll probably only have views of the backside of the land, and the road leading into backstage, so not sure if they would for regular guests... Maybe for super fancy rich visitors to the resort...

They need to have rooms inside the land, like this:

It'll probably only have views of the backside of the land, and the road leading into backstage, so not sure if they would for regular guests... Maybe for super fancy rich visitors to the resort...

They need to have rooms inside the land, like this:

No no, I don't mean for regular rooms. That's why I was saying upcharge. These would be the highest priced rooms.