Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

Yikes. As expected. But yikes.

tenor.gif

Any ideas what the Disney 360 concept is supposed to mean?

From the concept art and description, I think it means that the hotel is an attraction in and of itself, with a storyline and interactive aspects. As if you're on a working spaceship. This also falls in line with the interactive concept they have for Star Wars Land, where it's a living space port with characters and such

That room looks stunning, but the concept art definitely leaves out some finer details. Hopefully it's just artistic license.
  • Does the window turn off? I wouldn't want a TV flashing at me all night
  • What is going on with those beds? They have sleeping bags on the edges and what looks like a blanket on top of a metal surface.
  • Florescent lights everywhere. That family of four may be spending >$1k a night for this room and it has terrible florescent lights.
  • What's the little kid doing with that computer?
  • Does the window turn into a TV?

That room looks stunning, but the concept art definitely leaves out some finer details. Hopefully it's just artistic license.
  • Does the window turn off? I wouldn't want a TV flashing at me all night
  • What is going on with those beds? They have sleeping bags on the edges and what looks like a blanket on top of a metal surface.
  • Florescent lights everywhere. That family of four may be spending >$1k a night for this room and it has terrible florescent lights.
  • What's the little kid doing with that computer?
  • Does the window turn into a TV?

My question is are they going to do this like they do those historical drama resorts where they assign roles to the people staying. I can see people getting pissesd at that. Also not everyone wants to be the team Jedi, some prefer the dark side.

Hint: the words at 1:57 are VERY SIGNIFICANT particularly for Disneyland. Hint, hint! ;) (And no, Disney isn't building a replica in Anaheim. I'm talking about something much bigger.) If everything goes well, WDW will get it too.